Capter 4 Iris

I stare at the doorway long after Ria and her mother walk out of the nurse's office.  I sigh and stand up, I have to walk home again. If I'm lucky the twins will be shaken enough to leave me alone today so I gather my strength and go out the doors, everyone avoids me like the plague.

Leila and Sara Makes walk home every day as well, they usually say they need to "practice" using their abilities after school ends.

Somehow I always just happen to be in their path when they practice and somehow get hurt. I still have not given up and used my own abilities to harm them so I smirk as I revel in my small victory over them. As lightning strikes the ground in an instant pain like no other sends me sprawling to the ground, it feels as though fire is crawling through my veins burning me to a black char.

The pain disappears as quickly as it appeared, I open my eyes to see Leila and Sara staring at me and giggling,

"What were you smiling about loser?" Leila asks with a sickening smirk,

"The ground isn't wet, is it?" I reply with a weak smirk of my own, this wipes the smiles off their faces and a snarl ripes out of Sara. I lose control of my body and my smile drops as I lose control of my body, and my mind spirals in fear as the feeling of sinking sets in and I become trapped in my own body.

"You're lucky," Leila says with a grin of pleasure and a wild look in her eyes, " My sister's rage might just cancel out my own"

A pain like no other fills my body causing my body to spasm completely out of my control, how could anything hurt this bad while I can't feel my own body? Then the worst thing I could imagine happened, Sara set me free making way for this pain worse than anything I could imagine to somehow hurt 10,000 times worse. 

A primal rage explodes from my body and the effects of the twin's abilities disappear., finally I regain control of my own body. My eyes whip from side to side as my breath comes short and fast. Water is everywhere and the girls are coughing and hacking to get the water out of their lungs. I slowly get up on wobbly legs and start stumbling for them, I can only focus on getting to them and helping them.

When I reach them they both flinch away and I feel a little numbness and a little pinch worth of pain. Is that their effort best effort in defense, or are they so weak they can't do more than that? I feel my heart sink and before I can think my legs carry me away. I may have won the battle but I lost the war, they finally forced me to use my ability.