Chapter six

"I told you I made plans, Eri. I'm sorry."

It's been a week since Atlas moved out of Eri's house. He is going to start working again tomorrow. With all the days off he saved, he could probably take off even more paid days, but since he is settled in now, there is no reason why he shouldn't go back to work.

"Las, plans with who? Plans doing what? You go back to work tomorrow, and I haven't seen you in so long prior to you staying here, and today is my one off day. Why can't you do something with me?"

"I want to, Eri, but I already promised somebody els-"

"Are you dating someone, Las? Because this is what happens when you find someone. You stop being around me and devote your time to them." Eri crossed his arms over his chest. "If you're dating someone, just tell me that. You don't have to lie to me."

"That's not true. I talk to you every day, whether I'm in a relationship or not, Eri. You're my best friend, and I've never made you feel like you're less than that."

"How are you going to tell me how I feel?" Eri asked in disbelief, even though he knows it's the truth.

Atlas is a very faithful and great friend who makes sure he checks on Eri daily. Sometimes it decreases if he is at work and doing something, but he never goes too long without talking to his friend.

"I didn't mean it like that." Atlas sighed, just wanting the argument to be over.

Atlas originally came over to Eri's house to grab the last of the things he left there, and Eri asked if they could do something together. Before hand, Atlas agreed to hang out with Draco, so he tried to explain that he had other plans, which Eri did not like.

"Please, Las. I just want to be with you on your last day off. You know how you get when it comes to work."

Atlas and Eri held eye contact for a long time, with Eri silently begging and Atlas trying to plead his case to hang out with someone else just for today. Atlas didn't know if he was being selfish or not, but it's not like Eri will never see him again.

Atlas sighed and ran his hands down his face, knowing he was going to have to pick one.
———

Ronnie gasped dramatically in disbelief at the news he just heard. "So the nigga stood you up?!"

Draco instantly defended Atlas: "He said he had some family issues to take care of. Let's not assume."

"Well... y'all did just kiss, and now he's not tryna link again. Maybe you got stank breath." Quell spoke from the couch he's currently dropping too many crumbs on while eating hot Cheetos puffs.

"Or maybe you just can't kiss." Ronnie said.

Tim sucked his teeth at the two men trying to get in Draco's head. "Or maybe he's actually busy doing family things, y'know? Didn't you mention he got a kid?"

"I don't know if that's his kid, though. They look alike, but not really." Draco blew a puff of smoke out through his nose. He was going to stay sober to see Atlas, but since he isn't seeing him, there's no reason to not smoke. "It's like they siblings with different moms or something, but Tyler also calls him 'Dah', so I don't know."

"Maybe it's a family nickname?"

"Yeah, and the kid probably can't pronounce it."

"Maybe the kid is just being an annoying little brat who's cock blocking his brother."

Tim, Ronnie, and Draco all looked over to Quell because of how in depth he went with that suggestion. "My bad, but y'all gotta take everything into consideration, you feel me?" He shrugged his shoulders, obviously not giving a fuck.