6 - Where's the fourth wall?!

You aren't nervous.

You feel you should be. After all, after these 5 minutes, that little test will determine whether or not you're going to be a mother.

You're well aware Harry is scared. You know how anxious he is. Seems he's doing enough for the both of you, as you're honestly feeling no sense of fear whatsoever. The timer goes off and you uncover the little piece of plastic.

Harry's waiting outside for you. "What does it say?"

"Negative."

Any tension in his shoulders is released. You look at him and can't tell if it's relief or disappointment.

"Oh. I feel a bit silly for getting so worked up now."

"Welp, false alarm. Oh well, no harm done." You smile. He nods.

"Yep. And let's take this as a lesson to always use protection." (But fr guys. Always partake in safe sex!)

You nod, tossing the test into the bin, next to a clipboard.

You and Harry head downstairs. Paige looks at you both with a smile. "So? When's it due?"

"She's not."

"Oh." She clears her throat and looks down. "Oh, well, then."

"Any word on when you get to see Juno?"

"No. Tony's a bitch." She sighs. "I'm desperate to see her but I feel sick when I think of seeing him again."

You nod. "It'll all be okay. I promise."

She smiles slightly. "Thanks, Y/N."

Harry takes a seat, and pulls you onto his lap, an arm around your middle. "So, what are we gonna do next as a non-married, childless couple?"

"You're not childless! You have Shrignold!" Robin says.

"Dear, please. Snide remarks don't help any of us." Shrignold says. "And you're full of them."

"Yeah, Robin, why're you so mean to everyone?" Paige says.

"I wouldn't be if you weren't all so annoying."

"We aren't! We all just live here, getting on with life. Let's be real, the readers like me a lot more than they like you." Paige says.

"What?"

"Nothing." She says. "And anyway, what do we do that's so annoying?"

"Shrignold was okay until the cult took over the living room that one time. And no, Shrignold, it is not a family. It's a cult. You're weird. It's weird."

"Yes. I know! Haven't you been reading? I'm getting a character arc!"

"What?"

"Nothing."

Robin shakes his head. "And Paige. I could maybe put up with your creativity thing if you kept it in your own little bubble. No wonder Tony left you. You probably ruined that house just like you did this one. You ruin everything."

She looks taken aback. "Pardon?"

"You heard me. You go around, talking to yourself, getting paint everywhere. You act like you're insane. Maybe you need a trip to the mental hospital."

Paige looks like she doesn't know how to respond. You're about to jump to her defence, but Shrignold speaks before you.

"Robin! For fucks sake, shut up! You have no idea what Paige is going through, at all!"

Hearing the F word come out of Shrignold's mouth sounds so wrong and out of place that you almost laugh. Paige blinks, before turning away.

"What?" Robin looks just as shocked.

"You're taking this too far!"

"It was just a joke..." he looks to you and Harry, as if for backup.

"To be fair, it wasn't very funny. And I get you don't know what's happening with Paige but that's just uncalled for." You say.

"Shut up, Y/N, stop sucking up to her." He looks you in the eye. "Though maybe it's a bit late for that."

He knows.

Your mouth opens, to speak, but no words come out.

"What?" Harry says.

"Nothing." Robin smiles. "Just an inside joke... sorry, Paige, if I hurt your feelings."

She sniffs. "Yeah, it's okay."

He stands up and leaves the room, leaving you with a bad feeling.