Chapter Eight- Leave Before You Love Me

"You did what!?" The snarl in Hunter's voice made Saachi look up from her datapad. He slammed his fist on the table and burst out the door. She heard the roar of a ship's engine overhead, and everyone ran outside to see what was going on.

A large ship floated just above the treeline, and in its hangar was the Marauder.

"This was the simplest solution."

"Getting our ship impounded is not my idea of a solution!" Hunter snapped at Tech. They all watched helplessly as the impound ship flew away with their only escape route.

Tech, of course, remained calm. "We'll meet you at the spaceport with the chain codes. I have this under control."

Hunter sighed. "There's one big problem. Omega's on the ship!"

Saachi snatched the comm from Hunter. "Tech, I swear to force if so much as a hair on her head is out of place-" Saachi spluttered, too angry to think of a threat.

"I understand, Saachi," Tech coughed, "Echo and I will make sure she stays safe."

Saachi looked up at Hunter. How were they supposed to get a kid from an impound lot to a spaceport without the many troopers swarming the town noticing?

"You'd better have a good plan for getting her out of there," She snapped at Hunter, marching back up the stairs. The sled was almost packed, and they'd be bringing Suu's family to the spaceport in just a little bit.

"Excuse me?" Hunter asked, "How is this my fault?"

"You're the one who wants to send her off with a couple of strangers!"

"And you! She knows you!" Hunter pressed, "She trusts you, and you care about her!"

"Have you even told her that she's coming with us, yet?" Suu asked.

Hunter and Saachi both went quiet.

"I...didn't get the chance to." Hunter mumbled.

Saachi smirked, "Well, have fun doing that. You know she idolizes all of you, right?"

She turned and sashayed into the house, shoving her datapad into her bag.

Hunter watched her, leaning against the doorframe. "I thought you agreed to go through with this?" He asked.

"I do. I just think that you're being ridiculous and I hope you know it." Saachi shoved past him.

Hunter spluttered out a rebuttal. "How is it being ridiculous?"

Cut shoved a bag at the two of them. "You're both being ridiculous. Now can we go?"

"What are you two even fighting about?" Wrecker asked.

"Nothing." Saachi and Hunter said together.

"Let them be, Wrecker," Suu called over her shoulder, leading their group down the worn path to the spaceport, "They just need to blow off some steam."

Hunter made his way to the front of the group. Saachi didn't mind. She knew that she was angry for no reason, but Hunter made an easy target, and she didn't feel like apologizing.

"Hey," Wrecker walked beside her, carrying the big trunk with Suu's rifle and some of their bigger possessions, "You doing okay?"

Saachi sighed, "I'm fine, Wrecker, thanks."

"Okay," He shrugged, and Saachi was grateful for the shade he provided, even as the sun was going down, "I'm here if you ever wanna talk."

That would be great, if she were going to be around much longer.