WPTS: ENTRY 3

14:54
7/10/22

I've not slept 'anyway' like I said. Instead, yesterday night I requested of a writer friend of mine called Caster, (a phenomenal writer by the way, you can check out her work on Wattpad and Radish--you will not be disappointed) to become my beta reader. When I sent her the request, I did not know that what I was suggesting of her is what in short two words people call a 'beta reader'. When she politely pointed it out, that its what I needed I was so gladdened by it.

We can know what we want but not know how to express it in shorter terms. I'm so glad she came on board. She started today. Only four pages in, and I'm already finding her help so much needed. I've grown so much this year. I've outgrown the mentality of doing things on my own due to fear of asking for help into the mentality of asking for help when I need it. It's been so helpful in the execution of my tasks this year. You don't have to do everything. Let those who care about you help you. They won't do it without you inviting them to do so. That's how folks I've ended up writing instead of napping. Am I exhausted? Yes. Am I glad there's progress in the right direction on one of my projects? Hell, yes! Thanks Kendall. Maybe, I can nap now. Maybe.

8/10/22
16:27
I have choir practice at 6:00 pm. I managed to sleep early yesterday. I was out by 10 pm. I assigned myself an accountability partner (my sister) whose sole purpose was to make sure I don't nap in the afternoon. It worked. I did everything I could to distract myself. I read. I watched TV shows. Until super was done and nothing was keeping me up. After clearing all that, I went to bed and waited on darling sleep who didn't take long to take me away.

Today, I've written some on the other project I told y'all about. I continue to emphasize that friends are important. Making them your accountability partners is a definite productive plus. Having Kendall as my beta reader has to be the best decision I've made this entire week that's coming to a close. I'm only at the start of things but it's all looking up. I'm so glad she offered to come on board. God bless her heart. At this rate I believe I'll have a better draft before the close of this year. She's really a gem. Make good friends, people! Make good friends.

9/10/22

9/10/22

17:40

I just got back from church. We had two church services. I served and sold breakfast between sessions. Then we had a third session. That's why I'm back from church at 17:42. I'm not complaining.

Every session was beautiful! I am totally blessed. I'm yet to have lunch. My beta reader is doing a really good job. I can't thank her enough. I believe with her help I am going to polish this project to a great second draft. The first draft is often an outline. You have an idea so you take it through to the end without much concentration on in-depth detail. I wrote the skeleton to this story when I was 17 years. One of those random ideas that you get while you sleep and they form to the end and they will bug you until you put them down into some sort of story. To be a writer is such an interesting thing. Let me go on through the comments my beta reader made. I really want to make things better. I hope I do.