three

1994

1994.

Chaeyoung loves spring. She loves when the flowers bloom and their trees emerged. The birds chipping their sounds. Into something even more bigger. When she sat foot inside the mansion, she feel numb. As if it were roses with sharp thorns. Instead she have to endure it, and hope for the best everyday.

Chaeyoung climb the stairs and went to her bedroom which is beside his. She saw her door creaked open as she enter and then open the lights, she were surprised.

In the room, stood her fiancée. Her future husband.

"Chae.." It was kim taehyung, in the dark and alone with no sorts of lights dim inside. The curtains were closed. He looks like a homeless person. His hair were messy, his loosened tie and him. Himself were a mess.

There stare at each other for the time being and chaeyoung never thought she would seen how cold his gaze was. How odd it is. He stand up and walks towards her, she didn't move.

"What is this?" he put down some pictures on the table. Chaeyoung studies them and her heart stop.

It's her. And Jungkook. Together. From the picture perspective, it's looks like their were a happy couple. Laughing and smiling. Instead, there weren't a couple.

She feel numb. As if her whole world crash into pieces. How did he even get this picture? Taehyung weakly smile and he now stare deeply into her. He now realised, how foolish he was trying to gain a love that was never his.

"tell me this is not true." he said in a hopeless tone as if this picture was a mistake. And it's made chaeyoung feel very sorrow.

". tell me that your not having an affair."

Affair. She always pushes taehyung away because she had never love him. She had never love him as much she had love Jungkook. Chaeyoung spends more than with him instead of her fiancée. He was like a rebound.

She did have affair, but she didn't have the guts to say it.

"please.." he plead and then, he breaks down.

"I...." she stuttered. Feeling lost and confused. He still begs on his knees.

"I'm sorry." she muttered and it only cause taehyung to feel more pain.

So, it's true.

"do you ever love me?" he added.

Silence. Chaeyoung were speechless. She didn't want to lied again especially when the truths is now reveal.

Taehyung look away in disbelief, he greeted his teeth. "do I look like a fool too you? do I look like someone you can played with?" despite everything, he still calm down but the sadness in his voice doesn't count anything.

She's betrayed him.

"It's was always him, right? Jungkook?"

Chaeyoung look on the ground, she wouldn't dare to face him. Or else she would breaks down and cried.

"I hope you found someone better than me." she mumbled, he caught it. He still willing to listen.

It lasted more than a minute, the silence were killing her. Them.

Then, he made a decision. Taehyung took off his marriage ring, the diamond rings she still remember choosing them at the jewellery shop. It was custom made. And now it's all shatter.

"I'm sorry for not being better." he said and walk away. She's saw him getting away further and further. And when he left, slamming the door. She burst down into tears. Chaeyoung cried everything she'd had keep in. Her being else someone fiancée and destroying their engagement, her relationship with Jungkook and everything.

She lost everything.

-

The story about their failed engagement had broke the news. It was a mess. The whole town were talking about the rumours and it's true. The couple had broke up. The reason? they never knew why. It just did.

Chaeyoung would always get stares everytime she wonders around the town, people wouldn't talk to her but she still heard gossips. And it does hurts her. But she deserve the pain.

Her mother is now pleading at the kim's mansion. Converts a conversation with the families. And everytime her mother asked her, why their engagement broke off. She silence. When everyone asked her, she sits in silence. It's seems like taehyung is also doing the same thing, he doesn't want to talk about it and neither does chaeyoung.

She doesn't want to talk to everyone even with Jungkook. He understands, he keeps his distance away but he stills worried. Because he knows that their secret relationship causes another couple to fall.

Chaeyoung looks miserable. She wasn't being her usual spirit-self. And everyone in the town realised her change behaviour.

"I need some time."  she would said this and being silence. Jungkook really wish he could help but he will wait. Until she ready to speak.

-

Jeon Jungkook grew up being privileged. He have everything but freedom. The only things he wish to have. His parents are a controlling freak, he asked him. Jungkook will obeyed. He needs to keep the business running smooth, which was passed down by many generations in his family. And now Jungkook is the next heir.

It had been a week, and she still the same.

He followed her to their favourite place, she sat on the swings he once built on the tree. As she stares onto the meadows. She didn't cry, speak or did anything. Chaeyoung just stare with a blank face. And perhaps everything is just a dream, she desperately to woke up.

Jungkook slowly walks to her, she noticed him but didn't say anything.

In the moment of silence, come chaeyoung who just look frazzled.

"Jungkook." she called his name. And, He listens.

"what if someday we have to slits up. Would you still love me, when I'm no longer yours?" she asked.

Jungkook thinks that's a dumb question. A very stupid one. Cause no matter how much girls are their in the world. No matter how gorgeous and kind their were. There were always be one park chaeyoung in the world for that reason, he would still chooses her.

Instead, he pulls her closer in his arms again. The dejavu sparks once again when she suddenly remembers how she breaks down for the first time in her engagement party with taehyung.

And somehow, chaeyoung never noticed how beautiful there were right now.