five

1995

1995.

Jeon Jungkook is safe to say she mine now. He had been married. The ring were seal in each other fingers, the vows were unbreakable. The man who is once a wealthy bachelor is now belong to someone else. Chaeyoung didn't knew how much things could fly past so fast, she never understands. While her mother were extremely against the wedding. But this time, let her choose her fated.

Jeon Jungkook feel proud at least to have the woman he had desire to be with. The most beautiful person he had laid his eyes with. Many months had passed, and now he knew that this wasn't a dream.

He woke up, feeling the bed is empty as his wife is nowhere to be seen. Jungkook glance on the clock and it shows half passed ten, it's late. Very.

He goes downstairs of the house. Jungkook saw the lights open and he knew she must be there. Then as he had expected, he saw his lovely wife sitting on the couch with a book in her hand.

Jungkook didn't made a sound, chaeyoung was so focused into reading she couldn't realised her husband were behind her.

He took a peak and read the title, "romeo and juliet?" his deep voice said a he just woke up from a nap.

Chaeyoung immediately turn around, "you scared me!" she put her hand on her chest as if she having a panic attack. "Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" she asked.

"aren't you supposed to be sleeping as well?" he said back.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes as she now focused on the book in her hand, "I couldn't sleep." she said.

Jungkook glance over the book again. Jungkook couldn't lied, he had seen her pick up this book more than his fingers could count as this book is the most precious thing in the world.

He pouted and nuzzle into the bare skin of her shoulders. He breathes through her skin, chaeyoung were already used to him being touchy over her.

"love," she hummed.

He pouted and brushing against the bare skin of her shoulders. Chaeyoung was used of him being a bit more touchy after they're marriage. He likes to have her.

-

The annual festival always lights up every once a year, in the cold month where everyone seems to be having a blast. Park Chaeyoung and Jeon Jungkook marriage lasted a year, and with the unborn child in her. Jungkook knew that he would never let her go.

Chaeyoung were tired because of the loud noise. When the fireworks blast in the sky, she was really sensitive to loud noises. Jungkook hold her hand, while the other one on the steering wheel. He knew so much fears about chaeyoung.

The sky were dark with burst of colours too, in a few minutes comes a new year.

"Jungkook." she called.

He hummed.

"do you remember when we were kids and we were always climb to the highest hills just to see the fireworks?"

Jungkook looks at her, as if that's the odd thing she would have to say, "that's was a very long time ago. You still remember?" he raised his eyebrows in amusement.

Chaeyoung giggled, "I always remember."

"I think I remember when your first told me you have a crush on the new girl too!" she bluntly told.

"and when you confessed at her but got rejected because she already have boyfriend." she broke into laughter as if those memories still live vividly inside of her.

Jungkook couldn't help but to rolled his eyes, he really dislike when she suddenly remembered all those embarrassing moments about him but seeing her, being excited over small things just gave him butterflies.

Jungkook immediately gave a peck her on her lips, "i love you." he whispered into her ear before pulling back.

She looked at him in surprised, he smirked. "aren't you gonna say it back?"

She pursued his lips before smiling, "i love you to-"

Just about she wanted to returned her love. His world had turn upside down.

So, he didn't noticed when a car come crashing past them. Leaving behind a scar of their first ever downfall.

-

2022.

If sooyoung would choose which story leave the darkest scar in her life, she would always pick her parent story.

Whenever she glanced over at her parents wedding photos, everything comes as a flashbacks. It's haunted her to death. Because everything leads to where it starts again.

It's a shame that she would never met her older sister when she'd had died in that accident years ago.

Sooyoung would never met her.

"it's a shame that Jeon Jungkook, who has grow so much affection to his passionate love but it's even more sadder, cause she couldn't no longer remember who he is."

-

1995.

"I don't want my child to be inlove with a mistress!"

"I'm sorry, there nothing we can do. The accident cause her to lose her memories.."

"She couldn't remember me! This is all your fault!"

Jungkook let the pain sink in, he could utter a word, or even an apology. He had causes all of this to happen. He'd cause chaeyoung to lose her memories. And now she can't remember who he is to her.

He look like a dead zombie, he still alive and his heart still beats well but why does he looks so lifeless? Jungkook who still covered in bandages, the stitches in his arm still bring pain but he couldn't care less about his minor injuries.

Jungkook's dad told him to leave and come to him in London to help him with the business. His mother also told him to do the same as if their were no point staying here. He was a corward, he couldn't do anything.

Now, for weeks. Jungkook stayed by her side, hoping for chaeyoung to remember her but she couldn't. She would look at him in silent, as he was just a stranger with no connections. It breaks his heart everytime.

It's dark now, as here their are. Jeon Jungkook look at her while holding his tears, as chaeyoung were sleeping peacefullyHe grab her hand and hold it, until he remembered how her hands feels.

"I promise, I will come back soon." her kisses her on her forehead as he stood up. With the marriage ring on her finger, hoping that'd she would never took it off. Hoping that she will remember him again. And feels as though how there first met.

Jungkook took a one full glanced on her, admiring her beauty. Then, he decided to leave. And the promise still holds inside of him, breaking every inch of part in his soul.