Chapter Two - Profile

I woke up and shuffled downstairs, still in my pj's. It was the weekend and there was only one week left until summer break. 

"Mom!" I called, "I need my medicine!" I was hypothyroid, which meant that my thyroid didn't produce enough of the thing it's supposed to produce (I forget what it's called). Actually in my case I had a non-harmful brain tumor that prevented my brain from telling my thyroid how much it had to produce, but taking my medicine each day fixed that.

"I'm in the kitchen!" Mom called back. I headed down the hall and into the kitchen. My sister Jemma was on the couch in the adjoining room, playing MineCraft, and my mom was doing the dishes. It was 7:30, slightly late for me to be taking it, but we had some flexibility where that was concerned. Mom got my medicine while I filled a cup with water.

I swallowed the tiny pill easily; I'd been doing this for years and it was a daily routine at this point. Then I headed back up to my room. I had to wait about an hour to eat breakfast after I'd taken my medicine and normally I would just read the whole time. I had a fuzzy pink zebra-patterned chair facing my window and I loved to sit there. But today I decided to get on Wattpad again.

I saw a few people had already read my stories. I let a little smile slip onto my face and I saw I had 13 notifications. I checked them out.

'Wow! This is really good!' One said.

'I love this! When's the next update?' Another asked.

'I can't believe you came up with this on your own!'

I also saw that there was already 6 votes on my stories. I replied to all the comments, eager to talk to people who enjoyed my work. My family always complimented me on my writing, but it's different this time. I knew, for a fact, that these people liked my writing for just being good, not who the author was. Speaking of which...

I realized my bio was empty, my profile picture was the standard cow, and I didn't have a nickname. I quickly added the pen name I've been using for the past few years, Fiona Summers, into the slot and added Glory from Wings of Fire as my profile picture. Then I started to write my bio.

My name is Fiona. I'm a teenager, I'm Catholic, I LOVE books, and I read a LOT. My favorite book series are Wings of Fire, The Inheritance Cycle Collection, Percy Jackson, and Harry Potter. My favorite TV series are Arrow, The Flash, Smallville, and Ninjago.

After a moment of hesitation I added another line:

If you ever need anyone to talk to... I'm here.

I sat there, staring at my bio for a second, contemplating whether or not to hit 'update profile.' I knew a lot of people these days were pretty dumb. They thought that your looks were worth more than your personality, they cared about popularity more than loyalty, and a lot of people hated Catholics. 

What they didn't understand was that to be a Catholic meant to accept people for who they were, be supportive through the hardest of times, and love everyone no matter what mistakes they make.

And that was what I was going to show them. With a sudden resolve, I smashed my finger down on select and my bio suddenly appeared, public for the whole world to see. I breathed a sigh of relief to have gotten that over with.

I smelled toast and my eyes flicked to the bottom of my screen, where the time was displayed. An hour had passed, though it didn't feel like it. I raised an eyebrow, internally discussing the peculiarity of this. How had it taken me an hour to respond to 7 comments, insert my pen name, put in a profile picture, and write my bio? I shook my head in amusement at my oddities and headed downstairs for breakfast.

(Second chapter! I hope you're enjoying! If you have any questions then ask and... yeah! Until next time!)