01

Chapter 1: He's different now, He lost himself.

𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓷 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓼𝓱

The rushing, loud, burning hot water caresses his smooth skin as it travels down. He was so tired. He had bags under his eyes that weighed down more than anchors. He had trouble falling asleep last night, barely got even an hour of sleep, if that. He sighs hard as he turns off the faucet. The screeching sound of the water turning off made Stan cringe a bit.

He instantly felt the cold again. The usual South Park cold. It could be addicting if you lived here long enough.

He got out of the shower feeling the cold ground as he shivers, grabbing his towel. He walks in front of the mirror as he whips the moist away from the showers heat...when he saw his face.

This person he was looking at in the mirror wasn't the Stan Marsh everyone knew. It was a stranger. Who is he?? He just looked like a mess. A mess no one could clean up. He sighs hard. Putting his hands on the sink while doing so. Looking down. He stood like that for a while thinking, before he continues to dry himself.

After he was done, he started to put on his boxers. Then his shirt. Then his baggy pitch black pants with rips in them. He bends down putting on his socks. 'Warm'. He thought after he puts them on. He starts to dry his hair more with his towel. Trying to get it as dry as possible. Finally it was.. decent enough. He looked at himself in the mirror again. He looked like more of a mess them he originally was.

He puts his over-sized jacket on. It never really grew enough to actually fit him perfectly. He wasn't really that tall of a guy. He used to be but then alcohol happened. It stunts your growth. He didn't know that until he realized he wasn't one of the tallest anymore. And even his best friend began to grow taller than him.

Finally for the finishing touch he puts on his blue hat. With the small red poof ball on top. He grabs his dirty clothes and towel; as he walks out of the bathroom gloomy. He puts them in his room as he grabs his backpack and pulls it over his shoulders. He carelessly slams his room shut as he slides down the railing of his stairs.

He walks straight to the door as he grabs the door handle. "Hey honey don't you want some breakfast?" His mom asked walking over smiling. Stan shook his head slowly. "No mom.. I'm good." He said bluntly. "Stanley..are you ok? I've noticed you haven't been eating breakfast lately. And you've been seeming a little down. Is everything ok?"

She asked for a grave concern for her youngest. Stan sighed softly before faking a smile and attitude. "Yep! All good mom! I just been really tired lately due to homework and everything. I've been eating breakfast at school, since I found it enjoyable actually." Sharon smiles. "Oh well I'm glad everything is ok! You know I'm here for you honey. I love you! Have a good day at school!"

Stan smiles walking out the door. "Bye mom I love you too!" And with that he shut the door. He instantly lost the fake persona of himself. He turned back into what has become of Stan Marsh. And boy did he hate it.

•~•

The auguring and disagreement has been going on since preschool. Sometimes Kenny would get into the mix; but that's only when Cartman brings up the fact he's poor. Other than that it's mostly him and Kenny watching the two taller boys argue. "Sometimes I wonder why they even still hang out with each other."