20 ~ Real Life

They'd been doing shifts to watch over her and report back to Andrew, as well as her brother and Selena. 

He knew, better than anyone that she would not be happy if he skipped more races.

He'd already skipped two, but to him, he could have dropped out of the season and just stayed with her.

No prices or praise were ever gonna beat having her by his side. and although he knew it was cheesy, it was the truth.

...

Walking into the room, Selena jumped slightly when she saw Julian sitting there.

"I thought you would be on your way to Canada by now", she murmured, leaning on the doorframe.

"Had to stop by before then. In case--." He didn't even want to think about what could happen.

Making her way over to him, Selena wrapped her arms around him from behind. "She'll make it through, I can feel it." Her voice was soft as she spoke, tilting it to the side slightly to kiss his cheek.

"When is your next concert?"

"On Saturday. Krakow, so not too far from here thankfully. I wanted to spend some time with her before then."

"You'd update me if anything changed right? It's just--she's more than my boss, she's my best friend too."

"Of course, I'll update you, querido."

He dipped his head to kiss her arm before getting up, wrapping his arms around her and hugging her tightly.

"Safe travels. Let me know when you've landed--"

Julian's lips collided with hers in a kiss that started soft but grew desperate, he put all his feelings and his entire soul into it.

"Life is short. And if something happens I didn't want to leave without telling you how I feel. Even if this may be controversial. Me, kissing you here in this hospital room while our friend is there, sleeping. But I have to be honest with you Selena."

She looked at him warily.

"I love you. I've been in love with you since I first met you, and I don't ever want to go another day without you in my life."

Tears spilled down her cheeks at the revelation.

"You're right. This is very controversial, but it has to be said. I love you too Julian. I have for a while."

He kissed her again, squeezing her to him.

"prométeme que estarás a salvo", she whispered against his lips.

"I promise."

And with that, he left. Leaving Selena there to sit with her friend, praying.