the Spider and the Hood (Suicide Warning)

(Peter's Apartment)

Peter Parker had enough, his friends hated him, his teammates wanted to take him in, and no one wanted him. The city he fought for and protected was calling him a villain. J. Jonah Jameson was eating it up. [I told you all!] He said, [Spider-Man is a menace! And now, there is a warrant out for his arrest! I hope he goes away for a long time!]

Then someone was with him. He had short black hair with white bangs on the right side of his head. He was dressed in a gray bodysuit, with a red bat on his chest, black boots, and gloves. He had boot covers on as well. Over his torso was a black jacket with a red hood and the same bat on the back. He also had on a black domino mask. Peter just sighed, "I agree to go with Ra's plan." He said, "but I want to give one final 'F-U' to everyone."

"Okay, how?" Said the man to him.

"You said, for me to get the full use of the pit I have to die. Can it also heal like real damage?"

"Remember when I told you I died in an explosion? It can."

"Can I use one of your guns?"

(An hour later)

The police, Avengers, and S.H.I.E.L.D had the apartment surrounded. [We have the menace Spider-Man surrounded. He should the right thing and surrender!] Said Jameson, they went into the apartment and saw Peter with a gun pointed at his head. [No! He's going to take the coward's way out!]

"To all of NYC, especially J. Jonah Jameson! This is what you wanted! Mass murderers get more respect than I do nowadays!" Cap came into the room.

"Peter put down the gun." He said, "we can talk about this."

"Oh, now you want to talk?" He said, "I thought what I say don't hold weight. Because I was 'Superior Spider-Man'. I told all of you 'it wasn't me'. But you never believed me, maybe now you'll believe me after I put a BULLET IN MY HEAD!"

"Okay, let's calm down." Said Cap, "we're sorry for not believing you."

"Too Late Cap!" He grinned, "maybe JJ's ratings can skyrocket, I mean, it is 'sweeps'."

"Peter, you have to see it from our side. How were we supposed to know?"

"You Known Me How Long? When Was The Last Time I Started Killing Criminals?" He was right, he'd never try to kill anyone. "This Is Yours And Stark's Fault!" With that, he pulled the trigger.

"NO!" Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man, committed suicide. His body slumped to the floor, his eyes were closed and he had a peaceful smile on his face. The pain was gone. Captain America had dropped to his knees as he failed to save him. Even Jameson was speechless and this is what he wanted.

[I don't know what to say. The menace, I mean, Spider-Man did it. You saw it, and I saw it. Spider-Man is dead.] Steve slowly walked out, the other Avengers came over to him.

"What happened Cap?" Said Ironman.

"He committed suicide," they looked at him. Barton was chuckling.

"Good joke Cap." He said, Steve glared at him.

"Do I look like I am joking Clint?"

"The Kid did it?" Said Ironman, just then Hill went over to him.

"We just got word," she said. "Did he say anything to you about what happened?"

"About Superior Spider-Man? Other Than He Kept Telling Us That He Was Innocent And That Octavious Had His Body? THAT WE SHOULD HAVE LISTENED!" Cap was pissed, not only did he fail a kid but he failed a fellow hero. "Maybe the others were right Hill, you're not cut out for this." He walked away, just then one of the S.H.I.E.L.D agents went over to them.

"Um, ma'am? We can't find the body." He said.

"What do you mean, you can't find the body?" Said Cap, "he's slumped in front of a camera!"

"The body's gone, sir." They ran back into the room and sure enough, Peter's body and the gun were gone.

"What is going on here?" Said Natasha.

"I don't know but we need to get to the bottom of this." Said Ironman.

TBC

Note: This was a Spider-Man post-Superior Spidey where everyone saw Peter as a villain and he got sick of it and was promised a way out via the League of Assassins and Red Hood.

If you are feeling like hurting yourself, don't do it. Talk to someone or the Suicide Prevention Hotline at: 988 or text the word 'GO' to 741741 to reach a trained Crisis Counselor through Crisis Text Line, a global not-for-profit organization. Free, 24/7, confidential.