One Thing

(KATE'S P.O.V)

After talking with him after school I couldn't get the images of Harry out of my mind. I was up till 12am thinking about his heart-warming dimples, stunning curls, enchanting eyes, and glowing smile that emerges from his perfectly sculptured lips.
A part of me knew he was nothing like any of the other guys who have asked me out. He was different. And somehow I still wanted to get to know him better. He just had this one thing that made me gush. Yet I couldn't work out which one of his features had that impact on me.
But then I'd stop thinking about him and realise that he's putting my education at stake.
My parents taught me, from a young age, that school was absolutely a number one priority and to start the growth of knowledgeable brain will majorly and severely impact on my life in the future.
My dad was a lawyer, and a good one at that, so it's usually pretty rare if I see him every day. He puts so much effort into the cases and his job, I don't know how he does it. My mum is a doctor, also well-trained and good at her job, and was always saving and helping people. Everyday she'd be frazzled from what she'd seen at work and had to deal with under lots of pressure, and came home pretty stressed. But she always found time to remind me to try my hardest at school. Well put it this way: she had high expectations for me and I had to meet the criteria. It was just a fact.
I settled down to complete my homework and perfect my grades as mid year reports were coming soon, in about a month. I had that much time until my parents got to see my work ethic, class behaviour and knowledge in all areas of all subjects in the past 6 months. I didn't want to let them down, so I was utterly determined to make sure my reports were an even better improvement of last years'.
I sighed and burrowed my head into my text books.
More studying.

(HARRY'S P.O.V)

I lazily shuffled out of my room to the bathroom, where I jumped into the shower. Maybe the hot water will help wake me up. Honestly, which idiot decided to make school start at 9 in the morning? Teenagers and 7am alarms weren't a good mix.
After a relaxing wash of warm water running down my back and through my hair, I changed into a well-fitted grey jumper and black jeans. I slid my feet into a black pair of ankle-high boots that went with anything and because I couldn't find my comb, I ran my fingers through my hair, in hope it would help detangle my curls. It worked, sort of.

I swung open the fridge door in search of something to eat, but it was empty. "Just like every Friday," I mumbled.

"I'll take you to school," my mum said, just I was about to leave the house and catch the bus. I wondered if Kate was taking the bus this morning, and I was missing out on being with her. Even if it was just for a few minutes.
"Thanks," I said honestly.
I don't know why my mum was being so kind to me. She knew I was failing school. And she knew my dad was as mad as ever. I mean, I'm not stupid, and all my teachers tell me that I'm clever when if/eventually I hand in my work and get it right. I just choose not to make a big thing about completing set work and finishing homework. They think I put my brain to bad use, but all I want to do is enjoy my youth years, and I'll happily take a screaming lecture from adults if it means I get to do something fun and worth it.
Soon my mum and I piled into the car and headed to school.
Once there, I met up with my best mate, Blake Taylor and I listened to him as he went on and on about Melissa Karen, some girl in our year he had only spoken to about 3 times.
"She's hot as fuck," he said, not caring about anyone who walked by.
"Anyway," he started, "Are you interested in anyone right now? Like I know you only just broke up with Emily but does any girl catch your eye?"
I squinted at the Emily part. Why did he have to bring her up? I trusted Blake, and I didn't think twice about telling him who I fancied.
"Theres this one girl in the year below us," I began, watching Bake's face suddenly turn interested. "Kate Delton, do you know her?" And by the look he gave me, I was sure he did.
"You like Kate?" he said with wide eyes.
"Uh yeah. What's wrong with that?"
"Dude. She is impossible to get to. Do you know how many people have asked her out and she's rejected them? A lot." He told me, and I learnt something new. I didn't know about the 'other guys always asking her out' part.
"But," Blake said to me continuing his speech, "if anyone can get to her, it'd be you." A smile crept upon my face as I imagined dating Kate. Everything about her, it would all be mine.
"Thanks man," I said to Blake.