2

13 years later~

It was 4pm on a sunny day.

Wei wuxian was in his studio, currently in the process of one of his experiments that combines both spritual and resentful energy without refining or changing the state of the other. He had a theory that  perhaps teleportation could be possible.

Just when he was about to make the final touches of the array with drops of his blood, he felt a rattling throughout the house.

"Baba! I'm back!"

That was probably the worst timing for Wei Ying to come home.

The now 17 years old, was in his second year of High school.

Since he's within a period of time where most students start thinking about where their interests lie and what they want to do in the future, Wei Ying had decided to regularly visit various workshops to get a little more knowledgeable about career paths and options.

Today was to be one such day where he was supposed to be home late. But Wei wuxian's son is very early for once.

Due to his interruption, Wei wuxian ended up smudging some of his blood and messed up the array.

When Wei Ying reached his Baba's studio, he saw him drenched in his own blood, staring at the array drawn on a big sheet placed on the ground in disbelief.

He looked pale.

The younger immediately snapped out if his originally jolly mood and yelled out in worry.

"Baba! Are you okay?!"

Wei wuxian stood up with shakey legs and turned toward his son with and angry face.

"A-ying! I was so close to reach-ing...."

Thud

"Baba!"

Wei wuxian lost consciousness. This was due to excessive loss of blood. Wei Ying had seen this scene multiple times but still couldn't get used to it. Why was his baba so reckless!?

He started sharing spritual energy, focusing on his father's meridians. Since this was a blood loss issue, he then immediately called emergency and had his baba checked up.

Just like that, Wei wuxian was taken to the hospital. Apparently, this time was much more severe than usual.

Wei Ying was worried. Every time he scolded his baba for being so reckless, he heard his baba tell him the same thing.

That it's fine, and that even if he had his intestines out, he could always just stuff it in and continued his work.

This behaviour wasn't something people would normally show. But Wei Ying knew that his baba had always been like this for some unknown reason.

When asked, Wei wuxian always responded that he'd tell him when he's older.

He was 17 now. Wei Ying was old enough. He'd waited enough.

He wanted the truth.

Wei Ying still remembered the fateful day, when he'd just been thrown out into the streets after his parents failed to come back home. He remembered falling asleep on the shoulders of a man wearing the softest clothing he'd ever known.

He remembered the day he ran away when he realised that the man wasn't his real father, and that his parents were dead.

He remembered the man he now calls baba, staying by his side and working so very hard to give him a happy childhood. He'd always wondered why baba had a nostalgic and angry look on his face everytime he accomplished something.