4

Wei wuxian certainly held on to the small hope that Wei Ying would forget to ask him as they reached home, but of course the brat remembered.

The older was discharged from the hospital after a final checkup and sent back with lectures of taking care of himself and eating food and getting a lot of rest. This incident was much more severe than his usual fainting spells. He had lost way too much blood and had depleted most of his spiritual energy in that stupid experiment. Because of this, he would have to stick to regular healing methods and allow his body to heal.

Wei Ying had called up a taxi and soon, the two reached back to the place they call home. The older leaned heavily on his son as they entered. Wei Ying made him sit down and, giving him a concerned look, went towards the kitchen.

"Wait here Baba, I'll get you some water to drink."

But Wei wuxian didn't respond. He was stuck in a daze, his mind thinking of ways to actually reveal his past and tell the truth. He'd decided to be truthful for his son, just because he didn't want the younger to suffer and be as naive as he was.

"Here." Wei Ying said. He'd streched out his hand that was holding a glass for water towards his Baba. This snapped Wei wuxian out of his spiralling and he forced down his tension. "Ah, thankyou a-ying."

Taking a sip, Wei wuxian observed his son. Wei Ying most definitely wanted to ask him, to find out the truth immediately, but was unsure about when he could ask. For all he knows, his father was injured and sick, and they have just reached home. It was barely even ten minutes but Wei Ying struggled to maintain his curiosity. He was unsure when the right time would be. Seeing no other choice, Wei wuxian began to speak.

"I wasn't lying, you know."

"What?" Wei Ying's head snapped towards his with an unnatural speed. He looked at his Baba with wide eyes that were shining with curiosity and anticipation. Wei wuxian sighed.

"I truly am terrified that you may come to hate me."

"I won't, i promise." Wei Ying said. The older lifted his hand and flicked his forehead with a head shake.

"Don't just give out promises. Hear out my story first."

Wei Ying kept silent. He could see that this was taking a lot for his father and decided that the best thing to do was wait patiently. He could not rush him, especially when it was taking so much out of him just to talk.

Sigh.

"This is my second life. I was given the name Lin Yìzé. Unfortunately, my parents had passed a short while after my birth. Seeing my unreliable immediate family, it was decided that I would receive better care with the orphanage."

Wei Ying did not know about any of this. While he had his suspicions about baba being an orphan with the total lack of any other adults in his life, this was basically conformation. To him, his Baba was the strongest person in the entire world.  But the man infront of him was finally telling him what he'd wanted to know for so many years now. He was showing him his vulnerable side for the first time ever. He didn't want to ruin this important moment by making any silly comments, and so he kept quiet. Only gripping into his Baba's hand in comfort.

Sigh

"The orphanage was..... okay, i suppose. There wasn't anything that really stood out to me. I wasn't adopted by anyone because I apparently was never like a child. Creepy, they said. It's not my fault that i spent all of my early years in grieving."he shrugged.

Grieving? As a small child what was baba grieving...

"The caretaker didn't really mind that I wasn't adopted. I was smart so almost all of my schooling was on scholarship alone. I also went on part time jobs as often as I could so it was fine. I was barely at the place at all and only came back to sleep. They didn't bother with me much just like how i didn't bother with them."