3. A crazy guest list

What the hell? - Avril Lavigne

NYC - In his recording studio

They were back at home and were working on the guest list for the wedding. When Shawn called Vincent in distress. "What's up bro?" "Vince, somebody leaked to the press about your wedding and now your guest list is packed with 500 people!" "That's freaking ridiculous I don't even know 500 people! We wanted something small with close family and friends only. Did you start crossing off names?" "No, I wanted to let you know first." "Thanks for letting me know, but the sooner you slim down the list the better." "I'll talk to you later." They hung up and Vince put his head in his hands annoyed.

Laurel came in with Adrian in her arms and saw his distress. "Hey dear, everything going well?" "No, our guest list is packed with 500 people." "That's insane I don't want that many people at our wedding! We both agreed on something small. I want our day to be memorable. 150-200 was our agreement." "I know and I'll have Shawn work on it." "Why not give it to Marisol to try and fix it? She worked wonders on your Ride music video. Shawn can get the location booked." "You know that's not a bad idea. I'm fine with that." She handed him Adrian since Dominic woke up from a nap and started stirring.

Later that same day

Marisol called Laurel to catch up. She was in the living room looking at locations for the ceremony on her laptop. "Hey girl what's up? How did your vacation go?" "It was amazing Marisol. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of everything. He was so exhausted from the tour. He needed the break." "That's good news! Is there another baby on the way yet?" "No, not yet we used condoms. He wants to wait until the twins are potty trained before we have another one. He's stressing about the wedding guest list." "Well, that's good y'all are talking about planning another pregnancy. What's wrong with the guest list?" "There's 500 people on it, and we wanted 150-200." "Send me the list, I can narrow it down, while he looks for venues for the wedding and reception. Please tell me y'all picked a place already." "I want it near Central Park, but he doesn't." "Chica you got to decide on something fast because places are getting booked quickly." "I know, I'll let you know later on this week what we pick. We're looking at two places this week." "Thank goodness!"

They hung up and Vince came into the living room holding both twins, who were dozing off against his chest. "How do you do that?" "Babe, I use the same tone with the boys, like I do with you in bed." "No way, you can't be serious? Can we test that out?" "Nice try changing the subject but no. I made some nursery rhyme recordings for the twins and put it on your iPod. You had the boys listen to them while they were in the womb. That's how they know the difference between our voices." "Did I tell you how much I love you for being so smart?" "Thanks sweetheart. What are you looking up on the computer?" She turned her laptop towards him and showed him a few different places. "I want the wedding near Central Park. I think that the trees will be a lovely backdrop for photos." "I don't want it near the Park because I'll have to add extra security on the payroll." "So what? It will be pretty having a reception outdoors. I don't want it in a hotel."

"How about we compromise. We can have the reception in Central Park, if I can book the ceremony at the church that we talked about on vacation." "I like that idea. Did we decide on doing a cash bar or open bar at the reception?" "Cash bar because I want to splurge on our honeymoon." "Aww thank you sweetie. You don't have to do that." "Elle I'm only getting married once, I want our honeymoon to be memorable." "Fine, but don't do anything crazy." "No, I won't do anything crazy. Though it will be romantic. I'll tell you that much." He always knows how to make me swoon!

**This was a short chapter but there will be more in Chapter Four.