𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ɴᴏ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴀ ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅ...

𝐖𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐋𝐄, the comet, silver in its colouring, cuts through the sky, painting the horizon a pale white as it passes

𝐖𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐋𝐄, the comet, silver in its colouring, cuts through the sky, painting the horizon a pale white as it passes. It's different from the one that past less than a year before, the blazing fiery red marked the beginning of the blood shed to come. This one was different.

The Red Comet was hot and volatile bleeding across the sky as it went. The Silver Comet seemed to cool the harsh summer as it past.

From her spot upon a small shipping vessel, the self proclaimed Queen Daenerys smiles hopefully up at the silver streak, her smallest dragon Viserion flies over head screeching up at it. She had never been the most vocal between her brothers but now she cannot seem to quiet.

"It's a sign Jorah," she whispered to her protector. "A sign of my reign to come."

Jorah says nothing. Neither agreeing or disagreeing, he simply watches it barrel through the sky.

Is it getting bigger?

The proclaimed King in the North Robb Stark, looks up from his will, feeling a chill crawl up his spine, the flaps of his tent blow outward and blinks at the bright light shining down from above. He moves out side, seeing his breath leave his lips, and gaped at the hurtling piece of silver, he hears his men cry out in shock and fear.

Grey Wind howls up at it, he can feel the wolf's joy.

"The moon has fallen!" Someone shrieks.

No it's not the Moon, it barrels past, leaving the moon but a dull penny in the sky, the King looks around him, sees the frost crawling around the ground and up the tress, takes in the dying fires and thinks: "Winter is coming. Father always promised, didn't he?"

Maester Aemon Targaryen has been blind for decades now, the world around him shifting to fuzzy deformities as age crept upon him. And despite his inabilities to see things they are, his pale lavender eyes flick to his window, drawn to the sudden light that lit the world around him as if it weren't the middle of the night.

"Ah," he muttered, forcing his old hosue out of his chair, he shuffled towards the window and feels its chill on his skin. "I see." The light grows farther away as it disappears behind the wall.

His sensitive ears pick up on the hysteria below him.

He had seen a comet once as a boy, red in its colouring. Marking the end of an era, this one was different, comets didn't fall to the world below them, but this one did.

Jon Snow stands upon the wall, reminiscing about his uncle who has gone missing several months before, lamenting the thought of what was out there waiting for him. He sees it in the reflection in the Valyrian Steel of his blade, Longclaw, and feels it's unbearable chill before it lights up the world around him. His head snaps up, the silver thing is so bright it nearly blinds him, but he cannot take his gaze off it, he tracks it with his eyes, his hair taking up a life of its own as the wind picks up. The cold bites brutally at his skin.