25

Author POV
the next day, minah woke up late.

she walked out of the room to see nobody else in the dorm. mentally cursing juyeon for ignoring her alarm, she quickly do her morning routine and went out of the dorm.

-

during their break time, juyeon saw minah eating while chatting happily with chanhee.

he was angry that he squeezed the carton of strawberry milk (that's originally for minah as apology for not being able to wake her up) and the milk flowed out of the box.

"yah what are you doing student?!", a cleaner came and knocked back into juyeon's sense by tapping his shoulder.

he looked down at the squeezed box. he let out a few sarcastic laughs and stomped out of the place (after throwing the box and washing his hands).

he wished that he could act nice to her in public. he's scared she might think its overboard and thought it as crossing the boundaries. and they wouldn't even get to become friends.

you know how women can overthink every single small actions as if they have feelings for them. just that juyeon actually have feelings for minah.

even though he's tired of not able to express his love to her, all he can do is to wait.

maybe one day she will understand that she deserves him, and she will come to him, telling him that she wants him to love her.

maybe.

-

nighttime.

juyeon was out for a walk, he was sitting on the bench when minah appeared nearby.

thinking that she might overthink and thought that he's following or waiting for her, he stood up and walked away.

"juyeon.", he heard her, and he's scared. what if she wants to even break the friendship now.

"lee juyeon!!!" he stopped walking.

she walked to him and made him turn to her, "yah! what do you think you're doing?!" he didn't reply.

"look at me lee juyeon!!!"

he looked at her with his cold eyes.

"what are you doing?! why are you running away from me?!", she asked.

it's nighttime so there aren't anyone around.

"im trying to maintain our label as friends."

"what?!", she scoffed and continued, "you think this is how to keep our friendship going?! i thought friends would say hi if we happen to bump into each other!! and i thought friends would talk to each other when chances are given!!!"

"friends do that. but our situation is not the same minah. we are in love with each other! and i have to make clear of the boundaries. because i know myself well that if i act like a normal friend, i might unable to hold the urge and cross the boundaries!!!", he shouted.

"liar!!! does talking to me makes you cross a boundary?! huh?! tell me!!!", she screamed.

"yes! talking to you makes me wanna cross the boundaries. i told you, we are in love with each other, or is it only me that love you? talking to you makes me wanna tease you and kiss you!!!"

she looked at him unbelievably as she replied, "even so, can't you just talk to me or once? even when i ask you how im doing, can't you ask me back? can't you look at me when we are talking?! why are you like this juyeon?"

"why? i told you! im keeping our friendship!!! are you regretting for doing it now?", he asked.

"it's not like that. i... i like the way that we are able to be friends. but why are you making it hard?! i did so much efforts for you to talk to me, but not even once you notice it. you're hurting me, juyeon, a bit too much, as a friend. especially that you looked unbothered every single time!!! i feel so sad everytime i see you. knowing that we are friends, but we aren't acting like friends. why?!", she ran to juyeon and hit his chest a few times.

he held onto her wrists, stopping her from doing so, "aren't you crossing the boundaries right now, kim minah?"

he put her wrists down with strength.

"what about me?! you're suffering by the title of friends, am i not?! i tried so hard to not cross the boundaries. i even thought about how would you think everytime before i do a thing. and you! you keep trying to make me jealous. you know how i am when im jealous, i will get out of control! and i will cross the boundaries! why do i feel like im the only one who tried to keep you close to me?! don't you at least, try to keep the friendship? it's the only thing we have now, minah..."

she didn't respond.

the rain started pouring, both of them are still in tensed atmosphere.

"it's always you. you were the one who pushed me away, and now you want me back?! make it make sense, kim minah!!!", he shouted.

he took the umbrella nearby and passed to her, "im giving you this umbrella as a friend, not as a lover. im leaving."

he walked into the building.

she threw the umbrella away and screamed as she cried.

lee juyeon lee juyeon lee juyeon.

'how does a person name lee juyeon can make me this heartbroken?', she thought while crying. not even once, she thought love can be this bitter.

is this how love supposed to be?

-

the next day, juyeon woke up by her alarm which rang for the past 10 minutes.

he stood up and turned her alarm off. "yah, are you trying to get me to talk to you by not giving a damn about your alarm?! well, now you succeed! so, wake up now!!"

seeing her not moving an inch, he hesitatedly shake her body with his hands, "yah. kim minah?" she isn't waking up.

"no way...", his hand quick to her forehead. "ah fuck, she has a fever!", he cursed. he dashed to the living room and tried to find some medicine for her.

"lee nayeon! ji changmin! are we running out of medicine already?!", he shouted.

"yeah!", nayeon replied.

he looked at the time, he would be late to the class just to get her medicine.

"tell the professor that i won't be able to make it today!", the last thing he said before he ran out of the dorm.

---