Nico 7

Trapped. That's what I was. Trapped in a room with Will, and I had to try to play down the awkwardness...

Wait a second? Did he just call me 'his little ray of darkness'? "Your little ray of darkness? Will, you hardly even know me!" I shouted....I don't even know I just got angry.

His face turned a deep shade of red from embarrassment he looked as if he had just realized what he had said. Yet he also looked strangely offended, like it hurt that I had told him he didn't know me.

"Excuse you diAngelo! I know more about you than you know about you! I know you suffer from depression, you think that Bianca hated you, that you cut, are one skipped meal away from being anorexic, and that despite what you may think people care about you. You are one of the most courageous demigods ever to live and you just have this stupid idea in your head that everyone hates you. PEOPLE CARE ABOUT YOU!"and then in a small whisper I heard "I care about you."

"Why would you do that to yourself Nico? Why would you ever think it was okay to hurt yourself. You have so much to live for. I just- I'm not gonna even act like I begin to understand it. Let me in. Nico help me understand. Help me help you." Everything he said was completely genuine. I knew that Percy and Jason had left a little while ago and I don't know. Maybe telling someone would help. But now didn't seem like the time or place. It would only make us cry more and I really wasn't ready to talk about it so I simply said.

"I'm sorry Will. I really am, but I don't think that I want to talk about it. Okay?"

Will forced a smile with tears still running down his cheeks and he hugged me and whispered in my ear "okay, I understand"