Drama

Martha stared at her former boss and co-workers with wide eyes. Johanna had dyed her hair from a platinum blonde to a chocolate brown and she was wearing a deep red pant suit with a white blouse underneath, Heather had cut her long blonde hair up to her chin and she wore a red cocktail dress with one strap over the right shoulder, and Franklin wore a red suit that looked like it had a little too much sheen. Johanna got a good look at Martha before she smiled and wrapped her arms around her in a hug.

"Oh Martha May, it's so good to see you!" She exclaimed.

Heather quickly joined the hug. "It's been too long!"

"It, uh, it's... good to see you guys too, but it's only been a couple of months." Martha said before the three of them parted.

"We know how long it's been since you left us, but we're all just really happy to see you again, dear." Franklin said with a smile.

"Thanks. No offense, but what exactly are you doing here? In Whoville?" Martha asked.

"We were invited." Johanna answered.

"All of you?"

"Yep. We'd never miss a social function we were invited to, even if it was in another town." Franklin then turned his attention to the Grinch who was giving him a nervous smile. "Um, Martha? Aren't you going to introduce us... to your friend?"

"Hm? Oh, right. Johanna, Franklin, Heather, Frieda, I'd like you all to meet my best friend, the Grinch." Martha smiled and placed a hand on the Grinch's back to calm him down.

"Uh... pleased to meet you." Grinch quickly said, anxiously offering his hand and grinning.

Johanna paused for a moment before shaking the Grinch's hand and smirking. "Pleased to meet you too, darling."

"Hello." Frieda said.

"Charmed." Franklin added.

"Yeah, hi." Heather chimed in. "One question... Why are you dressed like Santa Claus?"

"Uh..."

"Cool it, Heather. It was the only red thing he could get his hands on." Martha intervened.

"Speaking of clothing... really, Martha? Wearing green to a party where everyone is wearing red?" Frieda scoffed.

"Frieda, don't be rude. It's her choice." Johanna mildly scolded.

"Exactly. And just to let you all know, Martha actually designed this dress herself." Grinch pointed out.

"She did?" Heather asked.

"Yeah, but it's not that good." Martha said, trying to sound humble.

"Are you kidding? It's beautiful." A new voice said.

Martha and the Grinch turned to see Tina and Donna approach; they both had nervous smiles on their faces.

"Hi, I'm Tina and this is Donna. We're friends of Martha." Tina said.

"We both read your magazine." Donna said.

"I'm sure you do." Johanna said. "It's nice to meet you ladies."

"It's nice to meet you too, Miss Starling." Tina said as she and Johanna shook hands.

"Please, call me Johanna."

"Okay... Johanna."

"What do you say we leave them alone to get acquainted?" Martha whispered to Grinch.

"Good idea." Grinch whispered back before they walked away.

"Wow. I didn't know Johanna would be invited to this party." Martha commented.