Chapter 1 - Bad? Good? First Impressions

"Talking"

'Thinking'

'E.G.O'

Writing

<< Message >>

<< Normal voice from speakers >>

<< LOUD VOICE FROM SPEAKERS/MEGAPHONES >>

--------------------------------------------------------------------

<<--/// North of Vale, Forever Fall, Hunter POV ///-->>

My head feels like it's going to split apart.

I slowly sat up, making sure not to make this headache any worse. I felt I something soft and cool under my palm. For a moment, I couldn't understand what it was. I looked down and saw tiny red blades, bending gently under my hand. It was grass.

I didn't mind the color, small unusual things like these are pretty normal in the city.

I looked around to see where I am. 

I was in an open area surrounded by trees with red leaves. Right now, there was no sign of me still being in the facility. Was this the abnormality's doing? Should be, there's no other reason besides me consuming too much Enkephalin. 

...Nah, that's impossible. The Manager would've nagged my ear off if I did.

When the pain of the headache slowly faded, I stood up. I checked at the PDA that I still had. 

No signal, as expected. Nevertheless, I need to go back to the facility as soon as possible. I still have my job as team captain.

With no idea of which direction I should go, I marched forward, hoping I'd stumble on someone or a nest.

As I walked, my thoughts wandered. I remembered the last time the facility had a meltdown. It was Yesod's, if I remember correctly. It was chaos, but we managed to get through it. Seeing everyone bumping into each other or running into walls was pretty funny. 

Suddenly, a rustling sound to my left snapped me out of my thoughts. My hand instinctively went to the hilt of my weapon. I scanned the area, my eyes narrowing as I tried to pinpoint the source of the noise. A low growl confirmed my suspicions.

Out of the bushes, came a black creature that resembled a wolf. It's red glowing eyes stare at me.

"Will Be Bad Wolf?" I muttered.

'Hah! A pretender!' The Bad Wolf's voice echoed in my head.

Oh, did I tell that I can somehow talk to my EGOs? It came when I resonated apparently.

The creature lunged at me with surprising speed. I sidestepped and swung my blade, catching it across the side. It howled in pain but didn't back down. Instead, it seemed to get angrier, its attacks more frantic and wild. 

I kept my focus, dodging and countering with precise strikes. Eventually, the creature fell, dissolving into black smoke.

Whatever it was, it's got to be an abnormality. I need to report back to the Manager and tell him that some abnormalities escaped, ASAP.

God knows what will happen when they'll run wild in the city.

Continuing through the forest, my thoughts wandered again. I wondered how my department mates was doing? Hopefully they can take care of themselves without me babysitting them.