Chapter 11

Chapter 11

After a while, Mom and Nico go inside to make arrangements for more of her things to be shipped and I am still sitting in Nico's lap, looking out at the water. "What are you thinking Baby Girl?" he asks softly as he grazes his nose up and down the side of my neck. I don't answer but I start running my fingers through his hair, turning my head enough to kiss his temple. He looks up at me and I won't look at him. "Baby Girl? Talk to me." he says and turns me to face him. His hand gently cupping my cheek. "I don't know. Just...my mom moving here, planning a wedding. I didn't know you asked my Nonna for her blessing." I tell him. "I asked her because I know she's special to you." he tells me. "I want to marry you Mas. I honestly didn't think that anyone was going to want me but you do." I tell him. "I do want you. I would marry you today if you were ready." He tell me. "What if we didn't wait a year?" I ask. "Toni..." he starts but I stop him with a kiss. "What if we set the wedding for three months from today?" I ask and he just looks at me. I move to stand and he lets me and I start to pace a little. He doesn't move but gives me a minute to get my thoughts together. "You want to marry me and I want to marry you but you were only giving me the full year to help me heal. With my mom here and you and Nico..." I say before stopping my pacing and turning to look at him and softly say "Getting married and working on making our babies...I'm going to be okay. I mean...I won't say I won't have bad days but with the three of you here I will be okay." I tell him. He stands up and walks to me and kisses me softly. "Three months from today and you become my wife." and I can't help but smile. He reaches inside his jacket pocket and pulls out a small velvet bag. Pulling out the contents, I see a rose gold band with a green emerald on it surrounded by diamonds. Slipping it on my finger he asks "Marry me Baby Girl?" I smile softly and say "Yes my love."

We walk into the house and find Nico and my mom in the kitchen drinking coffee. I walk over and sit next to her as Mas gets his coffee and brings me one. "What has you smiling so big?" Nico asks and my mom looks at me and you see Mas smirk at me over the top of his coffee cup. "Mas and I were talking and thought that three months from today would be an amazing day." I tell them and they look at me confused before I hold up my hand and my mom says "Holy shit!" and Mas and I start laughing. She takes my hand and looks at the ring before pulling me in for a tight hug and then hugging Mas. "Remember what I asked you on the beach that day Nico?" I ask and he remembers the conversation. "I would still be honored." he says and mom and Mas look at me confused. "I told him that if we made it to a year and we did get married that I was going to need him to give me away." I tell them and Mas says "Then you're pulling double duty as my best man." and Nico nods.

We talk for a while and I tell him I don't want a lot of people at the wedding. "I just want to get married down at the beach with the three of us, Nonna and an officiant." I tell him and he says "Get your dress and make the plans Baby Girl and I will fly your Nonna in." He tells me. "Would it be okay if we flew in a few days before to spend some time before the wedding? We kind of have a tradition in our family when it comes to the women getting married." I say. "Tradition?" he asks and I nod. "We get the bride together and spend the couple of days before the wedding giving advice, sharing recipes and giving small gifts for the bride. Nothing too crazy." my mom says and he kisses my temple before saying "I don't want you two going back alone but Nico and I can spend some time with the men in the family and I can get to know them more before the wedding." he tells me and I can't help but smile. "Thank you Mas." I tell him before kissing him softly. "I do want to take you, Nico, your mom and Nonna to dinner before we fly back and your Nonna can stay the week and enjoy herself a little before going home." he tells me and I can't believe how lucky I am.