Chapter 12

Chapter 12

It's been three months and I have my dress and the officiant reserved and my flowers are ready. The four of us head to the airport and get on Mas' plane, heading to Georgia. Mom and Nico are talking on one side of the plane, giving us some privacy. "How do you feel about going home?" he asks. "My home is with you but I'm not sure. Like, I haven't seen anyone or talked to anyone really since my attack. Even my best friend turned her back on me." I tell him. "I don't care where I am while we are here, you need me you let me know." he tells me. "I will baby. Thank you so much for this." I tell him. "No need to thank me. You will be my wife. Anything you want is yours. I will give you the moon and stars if that is what you desire." he tells me before kissing me softly. "I love you Mas." I whisper. "I love you more." he whispers back.

I must have dozed off during the flight because I wake feeling Mas kissing my neck and cheek whispering "Wake up my love. We will be landing soon." I open my eyes and see the face of the man that put me back together. He kisses me softly and the steward places a cup of coffee in front of me. "We will be landing within the hour." she tells us and Mas nods before she walks away. Mom and Nico move over to sit in front of us and mom asks "How are you feeling?" I look at my coffee before looking back at her and saying "I don't know. I think I'm just going to concentrate on seeing our family and heading back." I tell her and she nods. "I called Nonna a couple of hours ago and she said that your Aunt Lottie went by to get things ready for us and to make sure that there was fresh food there for us." she tells me. "Ugh. I hope she didn't get all that diet crap that she keeps trying to push on everyone." tell her and mom laughs. "Nonna said she made sure all our favorites were there." she tells me and I lay my head on Mas' shoulder and he kisses the top of my head before carrying on the conversation with mom and Nico.

Once we land, we get in the car and head to my mom's house. Taking our bags to our rooms, Mas with me, I put my bag on the bed and he sits on the bed and pulls me to him and asks "Are you okay?" I look at him before putting my hands on his shoulders and putting my forehead to his. "I'm okay." I tell him. "Please don't lie to me." he whispers. I move to sit on his lap and he holds me close. "I'm just worried. I know I will be fine with my family. They know it wasn't my fault and they have been supportive but I know we will be going out to get our nails done with Aunt Lottie and I just don't want to run into anyone." I tell him. "Do you want me to rent out a place for you? Have them bring the salon here?" he asks. "No. I want to be able to be here and feel somewhat normal." I tell him. "But thank you though." I lean forward and kiss him when there's a knock on the door frame. "Nonna's here." mom says and I jump up and head towards the stairs and can hear mom and Mas laughing.

I get to the bottom of the stairs and hear "There's my little star." before my arms are around her and I can't help the tears that fall. "I missed you Nonna." I tell her. "I missed you too." she tells me. Mom and Mas come downstairs and as soon as she sees Mas, she lets me go and hugs him. "Welcome back Mas." she says and he hugs her back. "Thank you Nonna." he tells her and I can't help but smile as he pulls me back to his side. We move to the living room but Mas doesn't let me get far from him. "So, I hear I will be flying back with you for this wedding?" Nonna asks. "I would like you to. I want you there when I marry Mas." I tell her. "I figure you can fly back with us and then stay for the week after the wedding and then we can fly you back." Mas says. "Would you have a problem with your Aunt Lottie coming with us so that I am not flying back alone?" she asks. I look at Mas and he says "That would be fine." and I can't help but smile.