Ch 1

The night was enveloped in a blanket of stars. There were so many that they made the sky itself seem to glow. It was a sight Kiki, a cat born in the city, could have never imagined. In the two months she had called Kokoloko, a tropical resort, home, she still hadn't gotten used to the stars. 

And she still felt like an outsider. Maybe that was why she was so drawn to Gomi, an outcast raccoon who couldn't help himself when it came to trash. If you asked, though, Kiki would say it was because under all the bottle caps and greasy french-fry cups, he had a good heart and always spoke his mind.

"You'll never guess what happened today!" Kiki said with a start. She snapped herself out of a stargazing trance as much as she did Gomi. "I was looking around Clover Rook, and I met the nicest lady," her caramel eyes sparkled.

"Wait! You actually got the clover rook pass!?" Gomi interrupted.

"I mean, yeah, I wanted to see what it was like,"

"Kiki," Gomi laughed, "You're a local now! You don't need to spend all your shells on a freakin' hotel!"

"Oh! it's not all of them," Kiki sidestepped. "Gigi is letting me help with dance classes, and you should see how much Boaris pays me for fish!"

"Hah, you should see how much he uses," Gomi dangled a fish bone in front of his face before swallowing it whole.

"Eww!" Kiki's heart shaped nose curled up into a crescent. "Ok!" She continued abruptly, "I saw this lady, and, well, she looked, no she asked," Kiki took a moment to collect herself. To collect her infinite thoughts about her. "Ok so I was just walking through Clover Rook, and I saw this lady, and she had the, well she had a lot of things," The moment wasn't enough.

Gomi laughed "Don't worry, this 'coon gets the idea,"

"What! Gomi no!" Kiki yelled, "She has really nice pink hair, and a sea green dress," the glow returned to her eyes, "And she asked me if I had any lilies.." Kiki trailed off.

"Kiki," Gomi hesitated, he had known her long enough to know what she meant. "Why do you care so much about getting flowers for some rich lady?"

"I bet Wulf knows where I can find some lilies!" Was Kiki's response. She immediately jumped to her feet and ran off, "Bye Gomi! I'm going to check!"

"A rich lady from clover rook!" Gomi yelled back, still in disbelief.