.

HEADS UP TO ALL MY READERS OUT THERE

SPOILERS FOR CHAPTERS 1, 3, AND 5 OF DANGANRONPA 2

What would have happened if Nagito's plan in chapter 5 failed and with the good luck of surviving came the bad luck in full.

This has been posted on both my tumblr  and ao3 as well so don't be alarmed if you find it there as well.

Enjoy the story! 

tw) v*miting, s*lf h*rm, and s**cide attempt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nagito wasn't really sure what the hell had happened but all he knew was he hurt. And as Nagito sat on the tile floor of Hajime's cottage bathroom bleeding from many different places, he began to think.

Not about the pain, not about how unlucky he was to slip and fall after getting out of the bath, and not even about how much blood was leaking from the gaping hole in his right palm.

Nagito thought about how he ended up where he was, and why the hell he was still alive.

Any suicide attempt always went wrong for him, it was because of his luck. But this time he made sure his plan was fool-proof. There was no way he would fail. But he did.

Hajime Hinata. It was all his fault. That filthy, vile, repulsive , Reserve-Course Student that still managed to fill his stomach with a swarm of butterflies. Someone as talentless as Hajime shouldn't have been able to foil Nagito's plan. But he still did.

Nagito began to reflect on how he failed. He did everything right, Souda even admitted that it really looked like he had been tortured. But Hajime took too fucking long to get the fire grenades that the Storage Space's sprinklers went off first.

Nagito figured it would be a good time to go through the process again. He had made the poison grenade right, he was sure he tied himself up efficiently, the small red blisters on Nagito's frail wrists was proof enough, AND the Monokuma plushie managed to push the knife through his hand, which he hadn't expected but assumed it was just his luck finally giving up on preserving his worthless vessel.

Nagito was so sure his luck would respect his last wishes, his dying wishes, that the traitor would be the one to pick the poisoned grenade and throw it. But that didn't happen.

Instead of this happening Nagito's luck saved him one again, but the drawback ended up being much different than expected.

No one died, Nagito was in excruciating pain from the self-inflicted wounds, Chiaki (who apparently had asthma) was still recovering from passing out due to smoke inhalation and slamming her head against the pavement, Fuyuhiko thought Nagito was absolutely insane (though he had since the death of Byakuya), Kazuichi was so fucking scared of Nagito he literally pissed his pants , Akane had even more motive to kill Nagito, Sonia who was Nagito's only shot of ever having a friend would avoid him for eternity and, Hajime was stuck caring for the mentally unstable Nagito.

Nagito could no longer think because his mind felt fuzzy and his consciousness had begun to slip away from him.

Slipping,

Slipping,

Gone.

~

'What the fuck is taking him so damn long' thought Hajime. Nagito had been in the bath for about two hours and Hajime was starting to worry. His first thought was to check on him but talking to Nagito at that time did not in any way, shape, or form make his nauseous waves leave his body. And sitting on his bed with his head in his hands certainly didn't ease his stomach.