chapter 9

Shauns POV

I wake up with a headache my nose isn't bleeding but im pretty sure it's broken and i think I have a few broken ribs i open my eyes and look around I'm in a dark room i cant see much but on the far wall i can see shackles, sick notherfucker, how did I not know that my best friends dad kidnapped and raped fourteen year old girls and my best friend was apart of it? I heard a moan and turn my head to the corner of the room i can just make out a shape in the corner i recognise it as the girl I tried to help earlier she let's out a cry that she was obviously trying to hold in, i try to crawl over to her and whimper in pain but keep moving she doesn't hear me and when I'm close enough i put my hand on her shoulder she instantly stiffens and looks up at me with wide eyes i gasp she has a black eye and a bruise on her left cheek and she has a deep cut down her right one her arms are even more bruised and her stomach has burn marks.
"a-are you ok?" I whisper, she nods and moves further into the corner away from me.
"it's ok, i promise I won't hurt you its Shaun" she looks up at me again.
"I know" she whispers her voice is hoarse.
"what happened after i passed out?"
"he brought us down here and left then he came back and kicker you a bit then he took me to his room and hit me and burnt and then... raped me" she says slowly, she's ashamed of whats happened.
"don't worry we can Escape"
"no" she says quickly.
"no? Why not?"
"if i do something like that he'll hurt the other girls and maybe kill them before we can even get to them, a girl before I got there escaped but then he beat them so badly twelve girls died because of it and then they got her back and she only survived four days because they hit her so bad and... Raped her so much" she talks slowly again, I'm completely horrified at the end this is my best friend we used to take fucking baths together and i didnt even know he did this!!!
"I can help you all"
"no, he won't let you leave either, unless he gets something on you" she tells me and right on que hunter walks down with Karl behind him they both smirk as they see us in the corner.
"shaun, come here we need to talk" Karl says to me his smirk grows, i look at the girl and get up sighing it hurts like a bitch but i need to try to protect her i walk over to them and they both grab my arms.
"I can fucking walk on my own" I hiss Karl yanks my hair back and hits me in the stomach with something hard they both drag me up the stairs and into a room they throw me to the floor and stare at me for a few moments.
"what?" I snap.
"you can't tell anyone you have to leave as if nothing happened here"
"to fuck i am, your both fucking rapists and kidnappers i won't have nothing to do with that" shaun walks closer to me and pins me against the wall i decide nor to fight back just to try to settle this and convince him to help, he brings his ears right to my ear making me shudder and says
"you tell anyone and your two sisters will end up just like her" he says in my ear with a smirk.
"a-are you serious? We were best friends and then I find out your doing this shit and you decide to settle it your gonna threaten my sisters?" I scream back pushing him he stumbles but just smirks.
"it'll be better if you agree with us, your sisters will be safe, well return her and she won't beget punished and all her friends won't get killed" he says casually.
"and then what? Your gonna wait until your sure I'm quiet and then bring her back or some other Girl?"
"that has nothing to do with You, her life was shit anyways her parents sold her to her fucking teacher" he says gesturing his dad."they neglected her so she left and she's being looked after way better than being on the streets now or being in care" he adds in the last bit knowing i was abused in care.
"fine, but you stop 'renting' them amd I'll stay quiet"
"fine" with that he drags me into the bathroom and wets a cloth he starts cleaning my nose and then leaves me to shower before I leave i go to see her, she's crying and shaking.
"please don't hurt me" she says not even looking up.
"it's shaun" I tell her.
"your leaving aren't you?"
"yeah I'm so..."
"it's ok i know they threatened you, it's better anyway less people will get hurt" she says trying to hide the sadness and failing.
"they said they'd stop Renting"
"thanks for that"
"I wish I could help"
"atleast I'm going back now, it was better there i got looked after better and cleaned up"
"you sure?"
"yeah" Karl comes behind me amd grabs my arm he pulls me.up the stairs and throws me out i walk home hating myself.