Reasons to Become An Avian

I'm sure that all begining Avians started this journey by either finding a video on youtube, or hearing of them through another person.
At first, the idea of them must be enchanting. Flying humanoids with the traits of angels? The ability to take control of your life and be something special? For younger people, this may seem absolutely wonderful.

But for some of those people , they may not understand what they're getting into. I will go into more detail of what the pros and cons are in another chapter, but here are some real reasons to become an Avian.

1; Because you feel a deep longing to fly. 
This can be accompanied by the want for freedom by wind, and a real need to just experince flying.

2; The need to simply have wings. To feel them on your back, like a part of you isn't whole without them.

You shouldn't try growing wings if,

1. You want to feel special, or want to stand out. Most likely, you will come to regret the descision to grow wings.

2. You think it's just cool, and want to show people. Again, wings bring both good and bad, it will cause you a lot of danger that you may have not anticipated or wanted.

3. You want power. It depends on what you mean by this, but if you mean "Fame," or want actual power over people because of your advantages, you probally shouldn't be growing wings at all. Oftentimes, it will only hurt you instead-- and will not be good for the people around you if you are wanting power over them. If it's for fame, there are other ways to go about it that are a lot less dangerous and unnecessary.

But the reasons arent all in black or white. There is a lot of grey area.
I believe in "Calls." Calls to Nature, the Sea, Or the Sky.
When this theory was first told to me, I was conflicted. It made it seem like only a select few people could actually grow wings, only those with the strong "calls"-- and gave the idea that no matter how much I needed wings, I wouldnt be able to have them.
But I understand it more now. I don't think that's how it is.
I believe that if you truly want wings, truly need wings, and keep following on and following through, that is the Call. So as long as you feel that need and really want it, that is what allows you to grow things-- and wont really leave you lone lest you listen to it. People who fall out of believing probally just didn't have it.

Which makes reasons for becoming an Avian very shades of grey. What it all comes down to is if you really need wings, despite all the danger and problems that will come with them; accompanied with a reasonable enough mind to understand that there is a point of no return.

Hopefully this posts before the Pros and Cons of wing growth chapter, it'll be easier to tackle if you read this first.

There are many reasons to grow wings, but the biggest thing is just understanding what you're getting into.
This is a life change. Once you grow those wings, there will never be a point in your life where you don't have them. (Except for in a few circumstances, but we'd prefer it didn't come to that.)
A lot of good can come out of wings, but we also need to be ready to embrace the bad.