Nine

FAITH

I hate gym class with my whole heart.

"Jacobs! Why aren't you changed and ready to run?" Coach shouted. I had half a dozen reasons why I wasn't changed staring with the fact that it was basically impossible for me to get changed at school without someone using their eyes and reporting the scars and bruising on my body.

Fun times.

"Faith, you're holding up the class. Don't make me give you another detention for refusing to participate." He threatened, the bag of gym clothes lying at my feet.

"There's too many people in there." I muttered, using the first excuse that came to mind. Knowing Coach Wilkinson, I'd be forced to go in, must wait for a cubical to change in for obvious reasons and still be significantly later getting out than everyone else because of the sheer number of layers we had to wear as a part of our uniform.

He sighed in response to my excuse, glancing across as the door into the boy's locker room which sat adjacent from the girl's.

"Looks like a vacancy just opened up." He held my eyes as I backed down a little. I knew refusing to participate meant not only a detention but a call home, I really didn't need that. I would do my best to avoid a lot of uncomfortable situations but I wasn't going to take a beating just because I couldn't handle some guys the same age as me.

I hopped up and swiped my bag from the ground, gripping it tight as I rolled my eyes and pushed the boy's locker room door open with my body. I wandered in and the chatter amongst the guys died down.

"Wrong room, sweetheart." Someone yelled.

"I'm not complaining." Another one added and I internally gagged, gross.

"I'd like her better with a few less layers." I kept my eyes down and headed towards where I assumed the cubicles sat at the back of the room, that being if it matched the layout of the girl's version. My eyes travelled up a hard pair of abs and dark hair as I collided with a body in front of me and met the deep eyes to see Caden, clearly back from his Boston trip. Embarrassed to say the least, I rounded his body only to crash into the next person. Glancing up I huffed in annoyance.

Logan.

I jolted forward as someone nudged past me and my hands met his chest and arm, evoking a few outspoken cheers form the group of guys now crowding us. If they knew the truth about everything, they'd be judgemental but if it looked like Logan was messing with me, they enjoyed it. I knew which option he was going to choose.

"Miss Jacobs, believe you stumbled into the wrong locker room... Never the matter, being the chivalrous man I am, happy to help you change into your proper gym attire." He leant down to my height, a revenged fuelled grin coating his lips as his arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me off the groaned as I screamed out but the sound was drowned out by the sound of cheering and laughing given by Logan's hockey team and classmates.

When he finally placed me down, I was pushed into a bathroom cubical before he stepped into the small space and locked the door, leaning back against one wall while I leant on the other.

"Get changed." I remained silent, trying to resist the urge to punch him as I knew it wouldn't work. His tall body staring down at me as the imploding pressure of the situation was starting to get to piss me off. God, I should have just taken the detention. I stared down at my uniform and the ladder rip in my sheer black tights, great another thing I'd need to replace.

We held eye contact for what felt like forever, fighting the urge to yell at one another when I finally heard a familiar voice and the squeaky locker room door swing open.