Secrets

~Daniel~

Dammit. How did she know I had the axe?! Ugh. This is bad, this is really bad. She already knows who the murderer is, this is just gunna help her more. "I knew you had the axe." She said in a sexy voice that drove nerves up my spine. I swallowed hard.

Laurel could tell I was nervous, she bit her bottom lip then smirked. She placed the small red card in the center of the board. "You sure you wanna do that?" I asked raising one eyebrow.

"Yupp." She said emphasizing the 'p'. She pulled the three cards out of the envelope, then looked back at the paper that she kept clutching. She sighed and made a sad face that made me just wanna run to her and hug her, until.."HAHAHA I WIN!!!!" She jumped up throwing her cards in the air. Wow. She really was good at playing Cluedo.

"You only won because you cheated!" I said teasingly.

"No I didn't!" She yelled back sounding like a little kid. Before she could say anything else I jumped up and tickled her. She let out an explosion of laughter, kicking, and giggling. This was probably the most fun I've had in a while.

I'm glad we got to know each other more. Ever since that day she came to my house and watched Paranormal Activity 4, Laurel had been coming to my house almost everyday for the past two weeks. We laughed, played, and ate together.

Laurel jumped out of my grasp and ran to the fridge. "I've got a bottle of whipped cream and I'm not afraid to use it."

"Now Laurel, lets not do anything we're gunna regret, now just..just put the bottle down and everything will be ok." I took a step forward and she let loose. But before she could hit me I ran to the sink and grabbed the faucet.

"What in the world is going on here?!" Laurel and I snapped our heads up simultaneously. We were dripping wet from head to toe covered in whipped cream and water.

"Oh mom..dad..hah...you're home early..." I was shocked, my parents weren't meant to come home till tomorrow. Unless...oh they came back early for the party.

"Oh, I'm so sorry we had to meet this way, you have a lovely home Mr. and Mrs. Green." Uh oh. No no no. I knew it was a bad idea to tell her my name was James Green. My mother cocked her head to the right still in confusion.

"Daniel, what's going on here?" Gah. She called me Daniel. That's not good. Ok I have two choices now, lie, or tell Laurel the truth. I turned to Laurel who had a confused expression on her face.

"You're probably wondering why my mother called me Daniel, hah it's a funny story actually.." Truth. Lie. Truth. Lie. Truth. Lie. Truth. Lie. "We play this little game where we call each other different names! See I would call you Martha instead of Laurel! Hahaha...mom..dad, can we talk in the other room?" I walked my parents into the living room.

"Why did that girl just call me Mrs. Green?" My parents stared at me and I could feel the nervousness overpower me.

"I didn't want her to know about our family...so I told her that I'm James Green, you're Emily Green, and you're Nate Green." I brushed my hand through my hair trying to get rid of the whipped cream.

"You like her don't you?" I looked up at my father who had his arms crossed. My face was as red as a tomato.

"No I don't! She's just a friend.."

"What happened to not wanting to have any friends?" My mother asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well..this is different..." I reply shyly.

"She seems like a really nice girl, you should invite her for dinner, I've missed that laugh of yours." My mother did have a point, Laurel was nice, in fact, she was the only nice person at my school, she didn't even know about my secret, and she still chose to be my friend...