ᵒⁿᶻᵉ ➪ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴛᴏᴘᴘᴇᴅ

☂︎

☁︎𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐆𝐎☁︎
☔︎

꧁ᴥ︎︎︎𒊹︎︎︎ᴥ︎︎︎꧂

"Where are we going?" He asked, walking past the girl who bounced in her step, his hands in his pockets as his gaze was fixed strictly on the path he was walking.

He had a feeling that if he looked at her one more time, he would fall even more.

"Have you ever listened to Muggle music?" She asked, deliberately avoiding his previous question. Her gaze flew over the streets of the small village, absorbing everything that was happening in preparation for the cold winter.

"I don't know if you've forgotten, but I'm coming from a very odd family who have very interesting views on Muggle things." He snorted, shaking his head.

"Okay." She answered.

Regulus gave her a confused look as if he expected her to give him a concert then and there, but he didn't have time to reconsider when she forcefully dragged him into the sweet shop just moments later.

"What's wrong with you?!" He whispered, adjusting his coat as he looked around. He felt the smell of candy find its way to his nostrils which made him think of... nothing. It's just a sweet smell and empty memories for him.

"Come on." She said, this time letting him walk behind her instead of dragging him (to her great horrors).

The bottoms of his shoes tapped against the wooden floors of the store as he scanned each shelf, not knowing exactly what he was looking for.

Although he wanted to ask what they were doing here, he knew he had to wait for her to understand as well.

"Have you ever tried Muggle chocolate?" She asked, handing him a pack of Yorkie.

Hesitantly he took it, examining it. "No."

"Great." She ripped the chocolate out of his hands and threw it into the basket, "You're going to try a lot of Muggle stuff and I don't care what Walburger and Onion have to say about it because you're now officially a Potter..." She continued to mutter to herself as she finished her shopping.

She insisted that she'll pay as this was part of her "plan" to which Regulus rolled his eyes, feeling a slight blush spread across his pale cheeks. Eventually they exited the store side by side and continued on their way to wherever she was leading him.

He didn't recognize the path as it was his first time going beyond Hogsmeade, but he could only hope that this wasn't against the rules which was very unlikely.

Most times were filled with Cyra making weird jokes and Regulus telling her to shut the fuck up. Cyra didn't mind though, she had the feeling that they were turning into close friends like this, insulting each other. That's what Remus had explained to her after he'd made her cry in first year when he'd tried to be closer to her.

"Do you think there is life after death?" She asked and Regulus was ready to give up.

"Stars."