an email from the chancellor.

═ ☆. IT TOOK THEM A WHILE to find the chancellor's office. You had never had occasion to visit this part of the university after the initial tour, so it almost felt like a completely different building. Sapiena was stylishly modern, and the chancellor's office was no exception. Office of the Chancellor was stamped on the glass door in small block text, beyond which you could make out dark carpeting and sleek wooden furniture. It was brightly lit, inviting, even. Yet, your stomach would not stop twisting itself into knots.

You had received an email from the chancellor himself that morning.

Buon giorno,

I am writing to you in light of the recent events that have occurred both on Sapiena's campus and in the nearby area. I believe it would be in your best interest if we could meet to discuss these matters. Given the nature of these events, I trust I will have your discretion about this meeting. I would prefer to not worry the student body unless absolutely necessary. Things must be kept running smoothly, after all. Such a university such as Sapiena cannot afford to take these things lightly.

I hope to see you promptly in my office at 10 o'clock this morning.

Regards,

Chancellor

University of Sapiena

The chancellor hadn't signed with his name, which was odd. You couldn't check the email to see if anyone else had received the email. It was part of the reason why you were so nervous. You weren't sure what you would say if this meeting was only between them and the chancellor. Not only did you know nothing about the man, how were you supposed to explain Stands and Signor D and the convoluted plan that you'd participated in?

Could you be expelled for this? It was likely. Sapiena was a prestigious university. You wouldn't put it past them if you thought you were harming your reputation in some way. It certainly wouldn't look good if Sapiena became known for being the university with the "weird spirits".

You should have written a script. Made notes. Something. You were going to the chancellor's office with virtually no idea what to say.

Would the truth be good enough?

"Bruno?" You noticed him making his way toward the office. You felt relieved, but then realized Bruno might just be passing through.

"Hey." Bruno glanced at the lettering on the glass window, then back at you. His lips thinned. "Did you get an email from the chancellor this morning?"

You nodded. "You too?"

"Yeah. I didn't know what he was talking about until I realized."

"It doesn't make sense," you said. "It's been over a month since everything went down. Why does he want to talk to us now?"

"I don't know. I tried to think of a good way to explain everything on my way up here, but everything sounds ridiculous."

"Oh no, not you guys too." Mista rounded the corner, frowning at them. He shoved his hands in his pocket, letting out a low whistle. "Looks like we got busted."

"We didn't do anything," you said, looking between Bruno and Mista. "Not really."

"The punishment might be less severe if we all just admit to it," said Mista. His voice was light, but his face was tense with worry.

"We could be expelled," said Bruno in a low voice.

"Nobody is getting expelled."

Everyone turned to the fourth voice. Giorno's back and shoulders were straight. He walked purposefully towards them.