Chapter 3

(Ellies pov)

The pain going through my whole body was like nothing I had ever felt before, it was as if I really was on fire. I was aware of a slight breeze against my blazing cheekbones.

Maybe I was finally on my way to death after all, but as quick as the thought came in to my mind it left just as quickly as panic replaced its path. I wasn't ready for death I hadn't done anything with my life yet.

I hadn't told Jace i forgive him, or even tell him it was me that smashed his car widow the day i left. i wanted to go to college and get drunk and dance topless on a bar. There was just so much that i wanted to experience, now i wasn't so sure i would get the chance.

"Elle, you stay with me, you here me?" a voice said. i wasn't sure who it was, my mind was everywhere. I'm getting out of here. It was Logan's voice i was hearing that much was clear to me.

What i didn't understand was why he was even helping me and going against his own alpha. Aden wasn't just his soon to be alpha either, he was his best friend.

Lo...... i couldn't even form his name to let him know that i was trying to stay awake but darkness seemed to be coming in fast and everything was soon gone as it consumed me.

(Jasons pov)

Elle's dad, alpha Shaw seemed to understand that I'd been set up by the group of she wolfs that had beaten Elle.

Her brother wasn't so forgiving.

But they were just as puzzled and clueless as I was, when I was trying to explain about the pain and nightmares that I had been having, it had gotten to the point were I had just given up on sleep all together there was no point even trying anymore. All I could seem to think about was Ellie.

Even the idea that she could be out there somewhere suffering had every nerve just about on end in my body and there was not a single thing i could even do about it. Who ever they where was going to pay with there life for hurting her.

Alpha Shaw had even called all the packs in the local areas and all the alphas he had known they had all agreed to keep a look out, I'd had even called my father alpha Peterson. To say he was thrilled would be an understatement about the news of me finding my mate that I didn't have the heart to tell him she was missing.

Not many people knew that I was an alpha because I had been here a long time. My mother was killed when I was just a boy and he was struggling with it so he sent me here to live with my uncle who was beta for this pack and Alpha Shaw's best friend.

Alpha Shaw had gone as far as to his sister Maggie who Ellie had been staying with when she had left town no one had seen or heard a thing from her since she had left to come home.

Pacing the hall way outside of Ellie's old bedroom didn't even help to calm my racing heart, her mouth watering scent was hardly there anymore. Half of me was missing and all i wanted was to be whole again.

Doubt was always at the back of my mind as well maybe i deserved to be left without a mate, maybe this was my punishment for what happened to Ellie because of me.

I loved her ,i always had i just didn't act on it because i knew i had a mate out there and i wanted to be fair to her not break her heart when i found my mate. if id only have known that the love of my life was my mate we could have been together all this time.

Now she was no where to be found.