chapter 3

8 days.

It's been exactly 8 days since Santiago told me his mom said yes.

I've been pacing, changing outfits, and trying to figure out what to do with my hair for the past week.

were supposed to have dinner together when we got there, i mean with his whole family. I'll check into a hotel and just go by during the day.

If all goes well, he'll visit me next summer.

meeting him, and his family, for the first time makes me feel nauseous

I put my boots on, a yellow dress I found at the bottom of my closet and my hair in a bun. I leave my hair curly...or should I straighten it? I don't have time.

"checklist:
cocoa butter
lip gloss
shoes
socks... where is my sock?"
why when i need it the most does it have to disappear?!

"Ezeriah! Your'e gonna be late to the Airport."
My Dad yelled down from the hall.

"i'm coming" i answered back

I rushed out of the room, trying to find my other sock, when I saw dad putting his tuxedo on for work.

He's a limo driver, apparently for "top celebrities" he can't disclose. man, and I roll my eyes in mockery every time he says it.

"alright bye dad, i'll drive myself you don't need to worry, be back in a few days!"

locking the door and looking into my purse for the keys, i noticed that they weren't there
just when i start to panic i hear the keys jingling in the air.
I look up and see my dad.

"Did you truly think I would let my one and only child go halfway across the country without me, and to meet a boy at that?"

"uh.. don't you have work? today?"

"I took off a few days" he said as he put his sunglasses on
"come on, get in"

"amazing" i said sarcastically

We got in the car and on the road, i rested my arm on the door and looked out the window.

"Did you really need to wear the tux?" i asked a little embarrassed

"first impressions are important" he smiled and we continued to drive