Prologue Part 2: Missing You

It had been a couple of years since James had met Lexi and they had quickly become amazing friends with each other.
Over time, James had gotten to know Lexi on a personal level and she had become one of his most trusted friends, he feels like he could talk to Lexi about anything and the same happened to be true for Lexi.

One day, James had just come home from work and he had gotten some great news from his boss who had decided to promote James as he had been working very hard and his co workers and the customers have had nothing but good things to say about him.

James had just told his family and then his friends Brandon, Tyler and Nate and the only other person left he wanted to tell was Lexi so he got his phone and he texted her.

James: hey Lexi, how are things ?

Lexi: hi Jamie, things are going pretty good, are you okay ?

James: yeah, I just wanted to let you know about something good that happened today.

Lexi: what's that ?

James: I got promoted today.

Lexi: I'm so proud of you Jamie, good job. 😄

James: thanks Lex.

Lexi: that reminds me, I've got some news of my own.

James: what is it ?

Lexi: I've been on the phone today with hunter, my boss and he's told me that at the next nxt takeover, I'm going to be turning heel.

James: wow Lexi, I bet you're excited about that.

Lexi: I am looking forward to it.

James: I'm happy for you, I remember that you said you've wanted to turn heel at some point.

Lexi: yeah, thanks Jamie.

James: I bet your boyfriend, Matt is happy for you as well.

Lexi: yeah, I told him what's happening and he's looking forward to it as well.

James: so how's it happening ?

Lexi: I'm going to keep that a surprise from you Jamie. 🤫😂

James: 😂 I'm happy for you Lex, you're going to be so great as a villain.

Lexi: thanks Jamie, I'm also getting new ring gear, a new theme song and i get to rename my finisher.

James: any ideas ?

Lexi: I've already told hunter that instead of calling it the "Sparkle Splash", it's going to be called "Twisted Bliss" from now on.

James: oh that sounds so much better, did you come up with that yourself ?

Lexi: yeah haha, I'd been thinking about it before i was told that i was turning heel.

James: I'm really happy for you Lexi, you're going to knock it out of the park, I'll definitely be watching out for it.

Lexi: aww thanks Jamie.

James: don't mention it Lex, I'll see you soon okay ?

Lexi: yeah, see you soon Jamie. 😊

James put his phone back in his pocket and he decided to make something to eat as he hadn't had anything during break while he was at work.