Chapter 4: Under The Mistletoe (Christmas Special)

It had been a few months since James and Lexi had hung out together for the first time in years, and they had been hanging out more recently since Lexi had been written off tv for a little while so that she can make her return as the goddess and she had been talking to James a lot about how she was going to be coming back.
James was told all about the return vignettes about how her current character will be going to therapy and she will slowly go back to her goddess character over time through out the vignettes.
James was happy and excited for Lexi when she told him and he promised her that he would be there for her in the crowd to watch her return.

Today, Lexi was at her place and she decided to call James to ask if he would like to hang out and so her call was answered by James and when he began talking to her on the phone, she could tell that he sounded like he was nervous but she decided to not ask him so that she didn't make it worse.

James: hello ?

Lexi: hi Jamie, it's me.

James: oh h-hey Lex, how are you doing ?

Lexi: I'm good thanks, what about you ?

James: I'm good, uh.... I've not long been back from taking Charlie on a walk.

Lexi: and how is he ?

James: he's good, he's just fallen asleep in his dog bed.

Lexi: aww.

James: and what about you ? Uhh.... What are you up to today ?

Lexi: well, I was wondering if you would be up to hanging out with me again before the Christmas party.

James: what party ?

Lexi: (gasp) oh, you don't know ?

James: n-no sorry, should i though ?

Lexi: well your brother said that he and Gionna are throwing a party to be with their friends before we all go to be with our families for Christmas.

James: I knew that they were going to a New Year's Day celebration but I didn't know about this one.

Lexi: oh, well now you do.

James: a-are you going ?

Lexi: yeah, are you ?

James: I-I don't know Lex, i haven't really thought about it to be honest.

Then all of a sudden, Lexi decided to ask him if he would go to the Christmas party with her.

Lexi: well why don't you go with me ?

James: uhh.... a-are you sure you'd want me to go with you ?

Lexi: of course Jamie, I love being around you.

James: oh thanks Lex, that means a lot coming from one of my favourite people.

Lexi: aww thanks Jamie, you're so sweet.

James: w-well if you're really sure that you'd like me to come with you to the Christmas party, then I would love to go with you.

Lexi: really ? You'd actually like to ?

James: I-I would love to.

Lexi: yay !

James: so what was it that you wanted to talk about originally ?

Lexi: i asked you if you wanted to hang out with me today ?

James: of course I would Lex, I really love being around you.

Lexi: really ?

James: yeah, of course I would Lex, you're an amazing person and any chance I get to hang out with you, I'm always in such a great mood when I'm around you.