Section 15: Misplaced

With this short entry we will simply inform you about the occurrence. There is no actual threat to body or mind coming from this anomaly and therefore no actions are needed to prevent any danger. Besides mild confusion or a slight inconvenience there is nothing to be worried about.
It is still important that you understand the aspects of this occurrence, so that you will be able to tell it apart from other potentially more harmful ones.

Upon returning home or waking up in the morning, first signs of this occurrence can usually be observed. While walking around your home you might notice some objects being in a different spot than normal. Maybe your mug is on top of the cupboard instead of inside it, or perhaps your jacket is laying on the couch and not hanging next to the door where you left it.

Affected objects can range from small things like pens, charging cables and TV remotes, to furniture like chairs, nightstands or even dinner tables. The size of the object seems to directly correlate to how far it can be moved or tampered with. The larger the object, the less impact the occurrence has on it.

Occasionally, small brown finger prints can be found on any of the moved items. In some cases it is possible to spot the partial outline of a child-sized hand imprinted on the object. These markings are of a muddy brown coloration and have a greasy consistency. They are able to be cleaned off with water and dissolve easily, accompanied by a musky smell.

The shape of the handprint suggests a tiny creature with three fingers, including an opposable thumb. How accurate that assumption is can only be guessed however, as a complete imprint has not been encountered yet.
No citizen affected by the occurrence has ever mentioned hearing or seeing anything that could have caused the objects to move.

Beyond that, no further disturbance has been linked to this occurrence. To free your home from its influence you simply have to deal with the minor annoyances and wait it out. The only requirement is to remain calm in the presence of altered objects. You can return them to their previous state if necessary, or ignore them entirely.
If you don't express any form of panic or discomfort when encountering the changed objects, the occurrence will leave your house after a couple of days.

It is interesting to note that no two instances of this occurrence have ever been reported simultaneously, leading us to believe that the anomaly consists of a single entity, affecting only a single household at a time.