Section 16: Zero Gravity

Avoiding this occurrence is as simple as staying away from its range of influence. Since its anomalous effects only manifest in a specific area, any citizen keeping their distance from this zone will not be harmed in any way.
Given that a couple of people have unknowingly entered the affected property during an active period, we are to provide you with its exact location to prevent any additional casualties.

Somewhat secluded from Raymin Park's main path lies an old ruin of a building. You can find it by straying off the walkway as soon as you have reached the pond. When continuing further north towards the grove, you will eventually arrive at a small clearing once you passed the trees. Right in the middle are the remnants of what once was this town's chapel.
The structure is almost entirely collapsed and has been mostly reclaimed by nature. Not much remains besides the mud covered foundation, the outer stone walls, and fractured pieces of its partly destroyed roof.

As a whole the building is rather tiny by today's standards and would only be capable of fitting about 60 people even at its prime. This low capacity can be explained by the fact that the building is several hundred years old at this point and Blighton was a much smaller community back then.

At some point during the 1830s the chapel got struck by lightning in the middle of the night, causing it to catch on fire. The resulting inferno tore down large parts of the building and left it in a state of destruction. The citizens of Blighton found the damage to be irreparable and instead decided to erect their new church at Genburg Plaza, where it still stands to this day.

Abandoned and disregarded by most people, the chapel continued to deteriorate over the years. In recent times it served as a point of interest and place of historic value for some, but continued to be mostly forgotten by the majority of Blighton citizens.

The reason we summarized the chapel's history, is because we believe it to be one of the oldest documented occurrences of Blighton. In the years after its abandonment, multiple independent records speak of strange and logic defying displays occurring around the forlorn building.

In these reports, witnesses describe objects, and in some cases animals, floating above the chapel. Seemingly stuck mid air, they continued to rise further towards the clouds, before plummeting back to earth after some time.

Similar sightings continued to spring up throughout the following decades but were never able to be explained. Most people attributed the phenomenon to divine influence, theorizing they might have angered their god by letting the old chapel decay.
Whatever the true reason may be, the whole town began to give the cursed terrain a wide berth.

In conjunction with all the sporadic mentions of the anomaly, one instance sticks out in particular. In the late 19th century there was a man who allegedly discovered the truth behind this unnatural levitation but refused to reveal his secrets to the public.

One night, he was supposedly seen hovering several meters above the chapel's roof, while he proclaimed to be ascending to heaven. Blighton citizens had grown suspicious of the man before, but this blasphemous act was the final nail in the coffin for them. He was captured the next day and subsequently executed by the people.
Even with imminent demise looming over the man, he continued to deny any insight on his discoveries regarding the occurrence and took everything he knew with him to the grave.

Despite this background giving us reason for investigation, no unusual activities could ever be observed on the property over the course of several years, which led us to eventually declare the site as non-anomalous. This turned out to be a great mistake however, as we later discovered a second key factor being essential for its manifestation.
Following an incident in 2018, we were able to deduce the need for a full moon in addition to being within the chapel, to become subjected by its supernatural effects.