the second memory

The birds were chirping happily under the gentel sun. While butterflies of all colours danced around the beautiful garden.

Maids were in a rush because of the sudden event that occurred in the huge castle of the most wealthy family in the eroka empire.

The seredyn dukedom.

.

Feeling the warm rays of sun on her porcelain skin, serenity was confused as to why she felt something. Aren't she supposed to be dead or is this the afterlife that she keeps hearing about.

Wanting to discover it herself she slowly opened her crystalline silver eyes in hopes of seeing something familiar. But her eyes widened when she found herself in a comletely unfamiliar place that she knew too well a dead person shouldn't be in.

If she was to describe this place she would automatically say that it is luxurious a bit too much. Shifting in the soft and comfortable king-sized bed, she felt a weird sensation in her body. It was as if all of her deadly injuries had miraculously vanished.

Looking down to check her body condition, serenity froze in place at the sight below her.she was currently looking at her hands when she realised that they were hands of a.....child?.

Eh?

Eeh?

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH?!?!"her voice rang from the room she resides in to and through the large hallways.and of course, it didn't go unnoticed by the people in the castle.

She immediately regretted using her now high pitched voice, because two seconds later people came crashing through the door in an inhuman speed.

"Oh lord! She's awake!"

"Thank goodness! I was worried that she would never wake up!"

"Young mistress! Are you feeling well? Do you need anything?"

....and on they went.

Serenity scanned their faces searching at leat of familiarity in them, but to her dismay they were absolutely unfamiliar to her.

A cough interrupted their sea of questins as everyone turned to the person who grabbed their attention away from the young mage.

There was standing the head of the dukedom. The duke Gorden seredyn and next to him stood his wife, the duchess florian seredyn. Both having similiar expressions that consist of worry, joy, nervousness.

"A-ah!duke! We apologise for our rudeness, please excuse our recklessness. We were just overwhelmed by happiness when we heard that the young lady has woken up.." they said nervously, hoping to get out with no punishment.

The duke heaved a sigh as he waved his hand dismissively and said " no worries,as long as it doesn't happen again. Now i want you to call the doctor for as you can see your young mistress has finally woken up."

"I believe it was only natural for you to be happy about this unexpected event, you are excused." The duchess was next to speak, as her slightly aged face showed understanding.

"Thank you so much your highnesses!we will call the doctor immediately!." And so they left to prepare things, all the while our protagonist sat there dazed of all the events that happened in less than a minute since she woke up.

'What kind of situation is this? I don't know where the hell am i nor do i know these people!'she thought in frustration.'whatever, I'll have to play along in order to figure out what's happening and to avoid any sudden danger.'with a plan in mind she started working.

"Excuse me...can i get a cup of water please? M-my throat feels dry..",putting on the most innocent and vulnerable act she could muster, even though she despised acting like that. She didn't lie about what she just stated; serenity felt like she hadn't drank water for a decade.