Chapter 15 : Nobody

"And I don't want your pity,
I just want somebody near me.
Guess I'm a coward,
I just want to feel alright."

"Assistant..? I'll be glad to take the offer, Mr. Hiyori, but.. where is this coming from?"

You hadn't even started working for the company in more than a month, it was the fastest promotion you were getting in your life time. "You've past beyond my expectations in your work! And, there are some confidential documents only my assistant would be able to handle, therefore you should become my assistant!" His explanation was fast and vague.

"Don't worry! You won't have too much work. I'm simply just halving my work load onto you. Of course, you'll get paid more in this position." He smiled, waiting for your response. You had an uneasy feeling, something about the position felt like a trap. But then again, if they're adding more onto your bank for the position, how could you say no?

Money runs everything, it's quite essential in living. For a person who lives in a plain apartment, a year worth of your current salary would give you a better home. Though, how about your friends?

Would your current choice affect those around you? If you did agree to the position, will it lead to fortune or mischief? You can't seem to find the correct answer.

"Is it alright to put this on hold?" You ask, clenching your fist from the bottom of the table. "Why?" He was quick to answer. You thought about an excuse, any excuse. "Becoming your assistant.. wouldn't that mean I need to clock-in more often? I'm.. I'm quite the busy person! It'd be troublesome to suddenly change schedule like this."

Sou seemed to ponder for a moment, did he actually buy your excuse?

"I guess there's nothing we could do about it! Please do come to my office when you have made your decision!" He stood up, leaving you. You took a deep breath and went back to your cubicle. Then realizing you still had work, you sat on your chair in silence. "What happened! Are you okay?" A sudden voice came out of your screen, it was the AI. "Mr. Hiyori.." you mumbled.

"What are his plans..?" You rubbed your wrist, feeling the phantom pain of your wrist being held tight. Shin stared at you for a moment, "Does it hurt a lot?" He asks, staring at your wrist. You quickly withdraw your hands, "It doesn't!" His grip wasn't enough to leave a bruise, but the thought of him being able to grip so hard, it's terrifying. What kind of person is Sou Hiyori, anyway?

You hummed, "You really can't access any files without being caught?" You asked him while organizing some papers. You've gotten used to your job, even doing it a bit faster now. "Sorry.." he lowered down his head, knitting his brows. "There you go again with the apologies- jeez.. Why are you apologizing so much? It makes me a bit uncomfortable.."

Shin was about to open his mouth, but immediately closed it. All of his mannerisms, it was definitely Shin's. But personality wise, it's as though he can't really think for himself. It made you feel off, the Shin you know doesn't apologize every 3 seconds.

"Anyway.. I've been wondering." Shin's eyes went to look up to you, still looking like a sad dog. "If I put you into a USB and place you on my laptop.. would that work? Or are you bound to this PC of mine?" You stare at him, then taking your USB out. You usually brought this USB to work, just in case it was ever needed or there were important documents you had to review at home.

"We can try!" He smiled. You nodded, placing the USB into the PC. You dragged the AI folder into your USB, so far there weren't any problems. Finally, you took it out. The only way to find out if it worked is at your home. You kept the USB in your bag, you'll use it later.