Chapter 1: Truth amongst the deeds

In her arms, a newborn girl lies peacefully fast asleep. She touches her beautiful rosy lips and stares with intent at the little angel. Her husband, Robert sits beside her, looking at both his beautiful wife and adorable baby. His eyes are filled with nothing but love for the two. 

Little does he know his wife, Cynthia had already forseen the future of this girl of theirs. With tears in her eyes, she questions under her breath, "Why my daughter?". Robert who was still fascinated by the sight of the newborn did not notice the throbbing pain in her broken heart...

The book of life was written starting this day, for Aubrey. 

~4 years after Aubrey's birth~ 

"Bye bye mama, see you later!" An enthusiatic Aubrey shouts out. Cynthia blows her a small kiss and walks away slowly. From the corner of her eye, she sees a parent, Henry, dropping off his son, Jason at the same preschool. She stops in her tracks and one step at a time, she struds to Henry. 

The grim looking Henry focuses on the tall woman walking towards him with poise. He turns to face her, prepared for anything she has to say to him. With the last two clicking steps, Cynthia positions herself just a bit apart from Henry. "I see you have plans to abandon your son Jason.", Cynthia mutters softly, yet in a sinister tone. A look of shock could be seen on Henry's large face. His eyes were opened wide and his numb brain just could not get into gear. 

Quickly he shakes the disturbance away and cleares his throat saying, "What? How did you..." When Cynthia does not show any form of interest in engaging with him, Henry puts up a request. 

"Will a million be enough for you to shut up about what I am going to do with my son? Take the money and spend it away quickly. I don't want to be part of a scadal which will ruin my reputation, you hear me woman?" With that, Henry passes her a bank card and briskly walks away, slightly disturbed by what had just happened.

Cynthia returns home to her husband casually flipping through the daily paper. She goes to him quietly and slides the bank card on the table, lying that she had won some lottery. Foolishly and unaware, he accepts the plastic filled with money and both husband and wife decide to buy a bigger house the next day...