q&a

below  is  a  conversation  that  one  news  reporter  had  with  a  citizen  of  derry.   this  article  was  made  to  highlight  the  horrors  of  what  the  children  of  derry  are  capable  of.  

Q:     did  you  know  of  jefferson  taylor  while  he  was  visiting  derry  over  the  summers. 

A:    well,   everyone  knew  of  him,   really.   he  was  quite  the  hellion  as  some  would  say.   constantly  picking  fights  with  the  boys  his  age,    speeding  around  town  as  if  he  had  some  sort  of  death  wish.   so  yes,   i   did  know  of  jefferson  taylor.  

Q:    did  you  ever  hear  any  reports  of  abuse?   aimed  at  jefferson  or  caused  because  of  him? 

A:    for  such  a  reckless  being,   i  do  not  think  jefferson  was  that  type  of  person.   he  was  constantly  angry,  yes  but  he  never  seemed  like  the  type  to  harm  someone  who  couldn't  defend  themselves.   as  for  the  abuse  to  him,    i  hadn't  heard  of  anything  like  that  either. 

Q:    can  you  go  into  detail  about  the  (physical)  fights  that  jefferson  would  start? 

A:   i  don't  know  much  about  them,  if  i'm  being  honest.    though  i  do  know  that  one  time  my  baby  boy  came  home  covered  in  bruises.   my  first  thought  was  that  someone,  possibly  henry  bowers,   had  gotten  to  him.   but  my  son  told  me  it  was  not  bowers,  it  was  someone  he'd  never  seen  before.     and  that  was  the  first  time  i'd  ever  heard  anything  about  this  jefferson  taylor  person.  

Q:    would  you  consider  jefferson  a  dangerous  person?   someone  that  derry  should  fear? 

A:     quite  honestly,   that's  a  silly  question.   he's  capable  of  harm,  yes  but  he's  also  just  a  child.   a  child  who's  clearly  suffering  but  that's  neither  here  nor  there.   i  believe  that  it's  in  our  best  interest  to  avoid  jefferson  as  well  as  we  can.   avoid  making  him  even  more  upset,   because  surely  that  would  not  go  over  well  for  anyone.  

    — an  excerpt  taken  from the  daily  derry,  1989

due  to  this  being  an  it  anon,  i  found  it  only  fitting  to  do  a  sort  of  excerpt  type  thing  like  found  in  some  of  stephen  kings  novels!  )