part two.

in the early thursday morning, aster woke up to find his newly homed kitten, lyra, curled up beside him on the sheets. celestials were allowed one pet to be with them forever throughout their long lives, so most would choose something exotic and exciting and even helpful to their duties. they could pick any creature in the entire world after all. but aster, he just wanted a forever friend. the kitten, one of the earth's most favorable creatures, had no exoticness, no exciting qualities, and in no way could help him with his duties once he became the almighty celestial one, but he needed lyra. lyra would be with him forever until death. lyra would comfort him in his lowest points. unfortunately, a kitten can't comfort aster the way other living beings could, even if it was created to be the perfect kitten for him, but it was enough to keep him sane.

aster lived in the institute's dorm, a shared room with another second year named shu yamino. he didn't know a lot about him since shu didn't stay there much, he constantly hopped between his friend's dorms and houses, as well as his soulmates, and would go back to stay with his soulmate every holiday like it was his own home. since aster was a celestial being under constant immense stress, he couldn't go back to his own home. his family didn't even celebrate the typical holidays most people celebrate, such as christmas, so he had no reason to go home unless his father called upon him. and even then, he didn't want to.

lyra purred loud as she stretched out, her paws reaching up and nearly smacking aster in the chin as he watched with a sleepy smile. aster reached over, softly petting lyra while using his other hand to help him steadily sit up without bumping into the kitten. "good morning, my little lyra." he mumbled, softly swooping her up and planting a kiss on the on top of her head. aster got up, taking lyra over to her little corner and setting her down before grabbing a can of her food. 

aster completed his usual morning ritual to get ready, all while lyra followed him around, ignoring her food and instead wanting his attention. as aster lent down to pick her up again to say goodbye for the day, there was a knock on the door. his eyebrow twitched in confusion as he brought lyra up to his chest, quickly shuffling over to the door and opening it.

"morning, astie!"

"maria?!" aster said, poking his head out of the door frame to quickly glance around the hallway before looking back at the chuuni doll. "what are you doing here? this is the male dorms."

 "and? who cares! im here to take you to school!" maria smiled before reaching forward to pat lyra who meowed as maria's hand reached for her.

aster shook his head, sighing softly. "i really appreciate it, mari, but you could get in trouble! and i don't want you to be in trouble. cause if you are, we wouldn't be able to see each other at all."

"wait, really?"

"yes, mari." he exaggerated, but he didn't want poor maria to be in trouble at all. "so how about next time you wait in front of the dorms for me, and ill meet you there, ok?"

maria nodded, taking her hand away from lyra as aster took the kitten over to her bed, placing her down. the kitten meowed needingly as all kittens do, but didn't bother to get up from her bed. aster smiled, petting lyra before leaving with maria and locking the door behind him. the two made their way down and out of the males dorms hurridely, trying to avoid too many people from seeing maria in case they were to tell on them. 

the school grounds were quieter in the morning. most students rushed to their classes within the final minutes since they all lived only a few minute walk away, but aster and maria liked how it was quieter before class. that way they were able to easily spot their friends and set up in their classes without dealing with all of the students cramming into the room at the same time. entering a hallway, aster looked over at maria as he heard a small groan from her. she had her palm over her uncovered eye, rubbing it with a small pout on her lips.