.;10;.

(dw you guys they become besties again and it stays that way i think 😛)

vance went home that evening awfully confused. why know was bruce saying that? something must've set him off, or perhaps bruce just finally had it with vance. thinking of that, terry and jonah came to his mind. did they find bruce and say something?

vance sat up from his bed and walked down stairs, seeing his dad passed out on the couch, and his mother gone at work, like usual. vance pulled on his shoes and walked out his front door, heading to where terry and jonah always hung out.

at the skate park, there they were, tormenting some kid with his scooter. when they saw vance, terry used the kid's scooter to hit his ankle before throwing it back at him. he ran off crying.

"yo, vance!" jonah said as he approached him. him and terry shared a quick side glance, thinking their plan worked.

"what the fuck did you say to bruce?" vance bellowed. they looked to eachother again, this time being genuinely confused.

"nothing?" jonah questioned vance, and himself. "i know you fucking did," vance said, his only tone being entire anger.

"alright, we did. so what?" jonah finally admitted, shrugging. vance made a fist, digging his nails into his skin as to hold back from punching the two until they passed out.

"what did you say to him?" vance asked. he had never been this way around his friends, but right now vance was beyond angier than he's ever been at his friends.

"why do you care so much, jeez," terry asked, furrowing his brows. vance tried making it not so obvious on his hesitation. he did have an idea why. but was it really the full truth?

"because, dipshit. bruce did nothing wrong. now i want you all the leave him the fuck alone," vance threatened. he had never been one to hurt his friends or family, but right now terry and jonah were slipping off his friend list, and becoming vance's new punching victims.

"or what? you wouldn't hurt us. we could easily take you down," terry says confidently. vance's expressionless face quickly pulled on a smirk after terry had said that.

vance threw his fist against terry's face, and whilst he was tumbling to the ground, jonah threw a punch of his own. vance blocked it and grabbed his wrist, pulling him onto the concrete.

"stay the fuck away from bruce," vance snarled as he wiped the blood smearing his knuckles onto his shirt. it was terry's, his knuckles were just lightly bruised, as usual.

at school the next day, vance was sure to arrive earlier to meet bruce. he needed to talk to him. vance spotted him out front if the school, talking with two other boys. vance recognized one of them from bruce's baseball game. bruce was standing so he was facing the other two, so he wouldn't be able to see vance, but his friends could. and they did.

robin gave him a death stare while finney started whispering something to bruce. he turned around, looking at vance then turning back around, walked into the school with robin and finney.

vance scoffed at the three, as much as he likes bruce, he can act like such a sixth grade girl.

vance walked into school, faster than usual to catch up to bruce. he gripped bruce's shoulder to stop him from walking.

"what?" bruce asked, trying not to sound as scared as he was. he wasn't sure what vance was going to do, mainly because he wanted to think anything other than how vance would want to beat him up.

vance looked at robin and finney, hinting for them to leave. they gave eachother a quick glance before they turned around and walked off.

"can i talk to you at lunch?" vance asked, removing his hand from bruce's shoulder. bruce was utterly confused, did vance not hear everything bruce said to him yesturday?

"did you not understand anything i said to you the other day?" bruce asked, furrowing his brows. vance was confused. he had, of course, understood what bruce meant, he just didn't understand how bruce was still mad. he thought terry and jonah had said something to him, or made bruce say all that stuff. did he really mean what he said? vance wouldn't blame him if he did.

"yes, obviously i did. i'm not fucking stupid," vance rolled his eyes, keeping his cool. "can i talk to you then or what?" he asked.

bruce thought about it for a moment. vance seemed angry, but not an 'i'm going to absolutely kill you' angry, more of an 'i am angry but i won't hurt you'.

"why?" bruce asked nervously. "never mind," vance said with a brief pause after, "see you around, yamada," vance told him as he began walking off. bruce quickly spun around.

"wait!" he hollered. vance turned around, giving him a questioning look. "you can talk to me at lunch. i have things i want to ask you too," bruce told him.

"okay," vance said hurriedly. he looked forward again and continued walking away. to bruce, vance was a confusing person.
••

at lunch, bruce waited by his usual tree for vance to come outside so they could talk. once bruce saw him flinging open the doors and nearing bruce, he took a quick deep breath as to calm himself.

"can i just ask why you were suddenly being nice again?" bruce asked as soon as vance stopped in front of him. "long story," vance grumbled, "i was here to ask something, not you," vance pointed out.

bruce was disappointed by vance's answer. long story? a good long story, or a bad one?

"alright, fine," bruce said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"every time i am nice to you, you're nice back. if you assume i'm going to go back to being a dick again, why be nice back?" vance asked him. he could tell his question caught bruce off guard. he stared blankly at vance for a few seconds, trying to figure out the answer.

"i don't know, might as well enjoy it while it lasts, i guess," bruce shrugged. it was half the truth. the other half, bruce only kept denying.

"enjoy it? you basically just said you enjoy my company, eh?" vance smirked as he cocked a brow.

"uh- what? no, i didn't mean it like that, dickhead!" bruce yelled, hoping vance didn't notice the light red colour forming on his cheeks.

however, bruce was glad vance was still being nice. maybe perhaps, it could stay this way.

—-
vance in his canadian era 😱😱😜 also when i said vance liked bruce, i meant in a friends way 😹

okay epic. also im gonna be very busy tomorroe i got s shit ton of things to do cuz of something that i am not telling what. so i wont be able to write much that day.

okau adios, so sorry i havent been updating very often.

(1162 words.)