Prologue

Woodroach saw a small egg around ten feet from the old flamesilk cavern that now contained wasp and her sisters. Could it be? No. She thought to herself. Since it wasn't anyone's egg she took it and was going to care for it. She flew to her home. She had always wanted a son or a daughter. And now that she had an egg she would treat it like her own child. She wrapped a baby blue wool scarf that her great grandmother gave to her around the egg. She wondered when it was going to hatch. She thought five or six months considering her friend Earwig has an egg and it's gonna hatch in 5 months. Maybe her dragonet and Earwigs will be friends. She examined the egg for any hints about when it was gonna hatch. Then she remembered tomorrow was Monday and she had work as a royal guard for queen Jewel. She through  that out of her mind and started brainstorming names. Bullet? No. Glowworm? Still no. After twenty two names coming in her head she finally thought of one. Milipede. That's a good name for a boy and girl. Maybe I'll visit Earwig and tell her about the egg. She thought. Tomorrow I'll tell queen Jewel about it and hope she understands. She flew to Earwig's house with her egg still wrapped in the wool scarf. She knocked on her friends brown wooden door only to realize that Earwig was stuck on a weekend shift. She flew back a little disappointed in herself for not remembering that. Woodroach curled up in a cozy spot and wrapped herself around the egg. Closed her eyes and almost immediately fell asleep. She woke up to a pigmented blue sky with only a few clouds. The clouds that were out, she identified them muttering to the egg. You see that one, it looks like a dragons wing. And the other one looks like a centipede. She said to the egg with sleep in her eyes. She blinked a hundred times to wake herself up and got ready for queen Jewel. She was nervous about leaving Milipede (the egg) alone but eventually she made a nest out of blankets put Milipede in it and left to go to work. She entered a rose gold room with a huge painting that she herself painted of Queen Jewel, there was a red carpet for a floor instead of wood. The used wood for so many more things now a days after the hole talons united thing. Earwig even claims that one of them left her a map to get back home instead of letting her die. She of course was grateful that Earwig is here and alive instead of her ashes and bones on some random island. Greetings queen Jewel, I wanted you to know that I found an egg around ten to twenty feet away from the flamesilk cavern. I took it to my home and sheltered it still not knowing who's it is. She said with thought in her voice and part of that royalty voice. Well if it was near the flamesilk cavern I don't think the dragon who left it there wanted it so until of if we find the parent otherwise known as guardian, you can keep the egg even when it hatch's which will be in? Queen Jewel said. Five months. She said. Yes five months. Queen Jewel repeated. Woodroach. The Queen said. Would you please go watch my cousins? I know it's a lot to ask but my usual dragon is sick today and I told him you'd do it. Sure! She said willingly but in the inside was terrified her dragonet would never have to meet the old awful queen. Hey. Tsetse yelled at her making her jump. Cicada laughed while Wasp snarled. You guys are kids. Vinegeraroon said. Mantis yelled something so loud that Woodroach couldn't hear her. SHUT UP. Yellowjacket yelled. Who are you? Hornet said in a slithering voice, I haven't seen you here. Wasp and Bloodworm were being awfully quiet. One of them scratched the wall that made a screeching noise which made her let out a small scream of fright and the the dragon laughed. Bloodworm. She thought with all hatred. She hated this. Finally the day was over and she could go back to Milipede. Her egg wasn't damaged in the time that she was gone. She put her talon on the egg and sighed. At least you weren't there with me today. She said to her egg. It sparkled in the light like it was saying something. She couldn't make it out but something told her the dragonet in the egg was going to have some sort of mental or physical disorder. She frowned.

                                                              5 months later

She watched the egg, her eyes glued to it. Maybe it won't hatch today. She thought. What if I'm delusional and there isn't really an egg? What if it's just a rock I've been treating like a dragonet for 5 months? What if the dragonet is dead? What if she's blind or deaf? I'll still treat her good and love her. She thought. A small crack. Went through the egg. What if I'm a bad mother? What if she doesn't like me? What if she die's because of me? What if she runs away. Her thinking was interrupted by another small crack. She was VERY nervous. The egg wobbled over and then she held it back up with her trembling talons. She was shaking. A few more crack's made its way on the egg. She felt like crying. She was so nervous but so excited at the same time. Surprisingly she did start crying. A huge crack split down the middle of the egg and a small dragonet rolled out. Milipede. She cried. The beautiful dragonet looked at her with white eyes like when your hive minded. Milipede was running into many things at first she thought it was nothing but then she realized her dragonet Milipede is blind.