Chapter 5 - part three

Riddles POV

"Floyd?"

"Yes goldfish?"

"What's that rectangular box?"
I asked curiously looking at the box.

"Oh, these uhh it's a gift from Ray."

"Uh? Why'd they give you that?"
I asked seriously as my cheeks started to puff, why'd they give you a gift if you're on a date!?

"Mmm is the goldfish jealous?"
Floyd leaned closer, obviously teasing me now.

"No!"

"Mmm well they said for us to share, it's a gift for both of us."

"Oh, uhh what's in it?"
I became flushed. I thought it was just to him, and I was... I got.. uh.. was I jealous? Mad? I don't think I'm thinking straight today.

"Macaroons! They said you seem like the type to like them."

"I've never had them before."
I said honestly.

"Ehhhhh?? You've never had them?!"
Floyd looked utterly shocked.

"Well it's the first time I've had this kind of small cake and the drink too."
I added, which this is no surprise since my diets always been strict.

"Huh? So what kinda treats did you have as a kid?"
The eel cocked his head, truly curious now.

"I never really had much treats, I've tried a tart, some cake, but I was always on a strict diet so things with lots of sugar or high in calories were not allowed."
My voice went quieter, it made me sad to realize just how much of my life was controlled it was like I didn't even have a life I was merely the doll going along with the commands.
I frowned at the harsh reality.

"Goldfish look here!"

"Wha-"
I began to say as I turned my head.

"Mph"
I stared at Floyd who's grinning ear to ear as he shoved a small macaroon in my mouth. I'm not mad but I feel red.

"Eh heh, well you aren't on a strict diet here."
Floyd told me.

I wanted to cry with the stupid, overly good, and sugary sweet in my mouth. My mom would be so mad, I've probably had too much calories today, I've probably had too much to eat today.
I feel like such a disappointment.

"Uh?"
Why is there warmth at my back all of a sudden. When did Floyd get behind me?! Uhhhh he's sitting behind me with his arms around my waist and his head on my shoulder?!?! What's he up to?!

"F-Floyd!?"
I squealed.

"Mmm the goldfishies getting sad and I don't like that."
He said, nuzzling his nose against my neck.

Why is it starting to get hard to breath? It-it's not a bad feeling but it's.. weird.

"Is the goldfish happier now?"
Floyd asked in a low voice against my neck.

I couldn't do anything other than nod.

"Eh heh! Good!"
The brat squeezed me.

I really think I may be sick. I'm over heating, I feel dizzy, there's a tingling in my stomach and my hearts pounding fast... I'm sick aren't I?
My minds spiralling..

"Riddle,"

Uh? Floyd, he, he said my name?

"I like it when you pout, or get mad, but I really don't like it when you're sad, and I think my favorite expression of yours is when you're happy or amazed by something."
He mumbled into my shoulder.

Even with his muffled voice I still heard every word. I'm not sure what to do, I feel stiff and my face burns.

I reached my hand over to his head, I could feel him jolt when my hand first touched him, it's actually kinda cute. I began ruffling his hair, peeking over at him.

He moved his head up, causing our faces to be hardly an inch away, I backed up in a panic. Floyd looked the other way, covering his face with his hand. I may be mistaken but I think Floyd's a little... red?

He moved back to where he was before, as I did the same. We both began eating our sweets again, in a slightly awkward silent. I had hardly realized all the other people who rolled in to watch.

BOOM!

AN

Hope y'all's enjoyed ! Floyd and Riddle cuddling !! So cute !

-Max 🐙