Chapter 5 - part four

Riddles pov

The loud noise of an explosion followed by sizzling woke me from my trance. I watched in amazement at the swirls of colors going up into the sky to spread out in different shapes and colors.

"Wow, they're so pretty"

I whispered.

Pushing my finished treats back into the basket I sat admiring all the colors, my favorites were the blue and red ones, and how'd they'd swirl around one another then explode together into a violet flower. There's probably someone using some magic here, it's so hypnotizing.

I looked over to see Floyd, expecting him to be admiring the fireworks but he, he's only looking at me?! Is there something on my face? My face is pink again.

"Hey Floyd-"

I started in a quiet voice.

"Heeeeeh?! I can't hear you."

The brat yelled over.

If this were any other situation, I'd be mad but it is super loud. I scooted over to him and whispered in his ear.

"I was going to ask. Are you enjoying the fireworks?"

He turned over to see me with his huge grin.

"Mmm who knows!"

He exclaimed in a cheery voice.

"Huh? What'd you mean?"

Is he enjoying them or not? He's so confusing, and at all times I see.

"The colors are nice but Goldfishies expressions are nicer, you're very pretty."

He said looking up, the colorful lights hitting his face, he's so cute-- !? Is this liking someone? I think I'm having that sick feeling again.

Floyd turned his gaze back to me.

"Close your eyes."

"Heh? Why?"

Not sure of his intentions I become flush.

"Mm its a surprise!~"

He replied with a toothy grin.

*sigh* "alright but don't do anything weird!"

Without a reply I close my eyes, I could hear him coming closer, nothings gonna happen, heart calm down it sounds like it's gonna burst from my chest any second now.

I flinched from his hands around my neck, he came closer, I can feel his breath at my ear.

"You can calm down, I won't do anything to ya."
He whispered in my ear.

That brat he's doing something to me right now!!

I felt his warmth move away.

"You can open your eyes now."

Mm? He didn't do anything, was he just teasing me, what was all that about?

"What was the surprise?"
I asked confusely.

He held out a small necklace, heh? That's the one (y/n) gave me! I touched my neck where it'd been... there's still a necklace, I looked down to see a red goldfish charm on the new necklace I was now wearing.

He must've got it when we stopped, he really is jealous... it's kinda... maybe adorable? I smiled at the cute little red goldfish.

"Thank you Floyd, I like it."
I said softly.

"Eheh, I knew it'd suit you more than this lil shell."
He smiled like an idiot.

"Floyd you better give me that back or else."
I shot a glare at him, I may like the gift but that ones special too.

"Heeeehh?? But why?~"
He whined.

"(Y/n) gave me that as a friendship gift, they're a great friend so it's special to me."
I said feeling a little shy by my words.

"Mmm, fine but in return..."

He stopped to think. Why's he so childish all the time? Not that I truly mind but hehhh it'll probably be-

"Kiss me."

An

Yooo long time no see, I hope this leaves you with a happy feeling cause you deserve happiness!

-Max ♡
(Also I think I passed my classes.. maybe...)