sixteen.

AUSTINS POV🤍.

It's megs birthday!

Which means, soon it'll be a year since that party I threw, where I first saw her again for WAY to long.

I'll throw another one. It was super fun last time.

But anyway, today it's Megan's birthday.

I'm laying next to her in bed. She's still asleep.

I'm gonna wake her up now.

I turn over and slip my arm around her.

I plant a small kiss on her cheek.

She smiles, but doesn't open her eyes.

"Morning baby." I whispered
"hi" she replied
"Hello" i say back.
"Out of bed" I tell her

Slowly, she rolled out the side of the bed.

She sat on the edge of her bed and ran her fingers through her hair, groaning.

What's wrong with her?

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked, coming and sitting next to her.

She has her hands over her face, and I begin to feel concerned.

"Darlin." I said

She sighs and uncovers her face

"Just don't like birthdays." She explained
"Why?" I asked
"Just don't." She replied.

Lies, I know there's a reason. I just need to find it out.

"Aw, darlin but I wanna give you a nice day." I offered.
"Don't worry about it, you give me nice days everyday." She said

I thought.

"I can tr-" I begun saying, but got cut off by her.
"Stop 'trying' to do anything cause I don't want anything off you okay? If you would have just never said anything to me i maybe wouldve actually like my birthday. But you couldn't let that happen could you?" She snapped.

Wait. Is this about high school?

Okay so maybe I did something really..um..well it was quite mean to think about it now.

So we kinda got her trapped in the elevator.. and then when she got out we sent her a card from her dad but it was from us.

(At the time she hadn't seen her dad for 8 years, she thought he was dead. She still hasnt spoken to him or even seen him to this day.)

I do regret that, and I feel horrible now but..we were kids

"I undertstand your upset" I calmly said.
"No, your not gonna ever understand cause nothing ever troubles you, you always have everything handed to you." She quietly, but angrily said
"And actually, you have never apologised to me for all those things, so excuse me for just cracking a little here." She added, and ran off down the stairs.

I was gonna say sorry. I was going to, really. I just didn't wanna make her sad by bringing anything up. I hate making her sad.

Fuck.

MEGANS POV🤍.

I don't know where any of that came from. But I didn't mean to get so mad like that.

I just want to be alone for a bit now though, cause I never am. I've always got the same 2 people hanging around me.

I go to my favourite spot. The beach.

I sit down. I don't plan on leaving soon.

AUSTINS POV🤍.

Okay. Um. Fuck.