𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 23: 𝓘 𝓦𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪 𝓢𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽 𝓗𝓮𝓻 𝓘𝓷 𝓜𝔂 𝓑𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓷

I stared at the ring. It was shiny and beautiful. I smiled at the ring and blushed. Benatar saw me admiring the ring.

Benatar: "What do you think of the ring, Luv?"

Me: " I love it, thank you."

Benatar: "You're my dear. I love you."

Me: "I love you too."

I leaned in and kissed Benatar's lips. He blushed and smiled. Benatar held my hand as we lay in the field. I slowly felt my eyes lower as I lay next to Benatar.

____________

I felt the sun heating my face as I woke up. I got up and saw I had fallen asleep in the field with Benatar. Bentar was still sleeping as I softly caressed his face. I smiled and stared at the sunset as it rose up. As I stared at the evening, Benatar woke up, hugged my waist, and led his chin to my shoulder.

Benatar: "How'd you sleep?"

Me: "Well, a little rough but okay since I was with you."

Benatar: "Care for some breakfast?"

Me: "That would be nice."

We both cleaned the picnic blankets and basket and started walking to the nearby cafe to grab some breakfast. I entered the restaurant and breathed in the fresh smell of coffee and freshly baked bread. Benatar and I walked up to a table and sat down. I viewed the menu and thought about what I wanted. As I stared at my menu, Benatar's hair was messy. I thought it was cute. I reached over the table to mess with his hair. He smiled and blushed.

The waitress walked over and asked what we wanted. I ordered french toast with strawberry compote and a coffee. Benatar ordered eggs, Benedict, with a cup of tea. As we waited for our food to arrive. We discussed Benatar's college and how much it will improve his life. Benatar hasn't been in the UK in years. He was excited to go back, but at the same time, he felt heartbroken he had to live alone without me. I reassured him I'd be okay and we'd meet again someday. Benatar still had a worried look on his face as I told him. As we stared at each other, our food arrived. I was so hungry I just started eating. I was eating so fast that I didn't notice food on my shirt and face. Benatar laughed.

Benatar: "You have food all over yourself, dear."

Me: "Oh, well, that sucks."

Benatar: "Here, let me help you."

Benatar leaned over the table with a napkin and wiped my face. I started blushing really bad and smiled. I continued to eat as we talked. After we finished our food, I tried to pay, but Benatar snatched my card out of my hands and smiled.

Benatar: "Are you mad thinking you'll pay? I'll pay"

Me: "No, It's fine I can pay."

Benatar: "C'mon, just this once."

Me: "You paid on the last date, though."

Benatar: "That was just a Ferris wheel ride."

Me: "Yes, but what if we get married, and you always pay for everything."

Benatar: "Oh, poppycock! When we get married, I'll always treat u like a princess."

I rolled my eyes, and Benatar swiped his card. We walked out and started walking back to my house. As we walked, I heard a buzz from my cell phone. I pulled out my phone and saw what it was. It was an email from the college I applied for. It said I was accepted into their scholarship. I was overflowing with emotions. I felt so happy. I told Benatar.

Benatar: "Congrats, dear! I'm proud of you!"

Me: "Thank you!"