2. The Ill Fated Woman

As a reward for Pagunawa's heroism, the Datu gave his family a chance to serve them and offer a high salary. Since Pagunawa was from Alipin class, he took the opportunity without hesitation and shows gratitude to their Datu by promising that he is going to be loyal and truthful to him.

         Many years later, Pagunawa's wife gave birth to their daughter but unfortunately her wife soon die. Their daughter grew up as brave and clever girl, Her name was Dayanawi but unluckily as the result of Bayahinlan curse, she has no ability to cast spell and their tribe seen her as ill fated woman.

        Dayanawi becomes the servant of Datu's son named Pahinawon. As the time goes by, Pahinawon and Dayanawi developed a strong feeling for each other and make a strong bond as lovers but they keep it as secret because it was forbidden by their tribe rules.

         There was an extreme draught that causes famine in Bidinawan because the people struggled in growing vegetables and the Datu seems so worried in his community. The Datu summon a Babaylan to ask for help and to know the ways on how to end the hardship they are facing. The Babaylan start a ritual and started to vission what will happen in the future, the Babaylan uttered the words "To end this misfortune, we must wait for the energy of water to be awakened and i'm really sure that it will happen soon". The Datu seems to feel an ease on his heart.

Datu- the ruler and the one who govern the community.

Alipin- the lowest social class in the community.

Babaylan- they are the one who specialized in communicating, appeasing, or harnessing the spirits of the dead and the spirits of nature.