Prologue: The Life I Lived

When I was at the bright age of five, my own pregnant mother killed herself. She couldn't handle the fact that my dad was in prison. Luckily she actually managed to give birth to Mindy who Is my little sister. Maybe she knew it was an AMAZING idea to leave us with our psychopathic dad alone. But me calling my dad a psychopath doesn't mean I don't like him, of course, I like him he is the reason that I am who I am today, and that I want to thank him for. Well today is the 29 February 2008, and you know what that means, it's my birthday, hurray to me. 

I unlocked the door to dad, Mindy, and I's apartment walking in with some dunkin' donuts to celebrate my 17th birthday. "Hey Earlybird, aw you beat me to it." dad said. "I wanted to get you breakfast this morning" he laughed. "Happy birthday Maisy," Mindy said, giving me my present from them. I quickly opened it, it was a key, I looked at dad and smiled. This meant that I could finally move into my own home. "Thank you, thank you, thank you," I shouted while running over and hugging him.

He knew that unlike Mindy I always wanted to go to school and live a  more normal life. Even though saving people is pretty awesome, I could always do that In my spare time though so it shouldn't be a problem. 

I went to my new home, it was on a nice street with nice-looking houses. I have always lived in a small apartment filled up with weapons, so it is really nice to have something I can decorate myself. I unlocked the door, and walking in I saw an aluminum briefcase on the floor, I knew already this could only mean one thing. Weapons, and it was, and I didn't have a problem with this, as I said I still want to help people. But not minding the briefcase my home was fully decorated, from top to toe, with all my belongings from my wishlist. It was beautiful.