Chapter 11: Disaster

(Lightning's POV)
I awoke the next morning, refreshed, and ready to get going. The sun was shining bright, and the morning sounds made my mood even better. I started preparing a small breakfast, for myself, and waited for Mater to wake up. He's always been sort of a late sleeper. I sat at the small table in our room, and watched TV until Mater finally awoke. He yawned and stretched before smiling his buck-tooth smile and saying,"Good morning, Bud!"
I smiled, "Good morning, Mater." I replied.
Mater made him his breakfast and took a seat next to me. We continued eating our breakfast, until the cellular device, the SIA had given me when I arrived, started buzzing. I retrieved the cell and looked at the text message. It read, Mr. Sparks office. Now!
I looked at Mater, confused. He read the text and shrugged. "Well, we better go see what's up." I said.
We quickly finished our breakfast, got dressed, and made our way through the agency to Mr. Sparks office. When we arrived, I softly knocked on the door. Mr. Spark shouted to come in so we entered. He wasn't smiling.
Mater and I sat in the chairs across from his desk. "So...what's the problem?" I asked.
Mr. Spark sighed. "The HIA know you're here. They have been planning on capturing you two."
I gasped," Wait. So, you're saying they're going to kidnap us? Again!?"
He motioned for me to calm down. "Mr. McQueen, as far as we know, the HIA doesn't have a definite plan, but we have taken many precautions and are willing to do anything to keep you two safe. In all the years I've been chief here, I've never had anyone taken from my agency. Our security is top notch and nothing can get past them. I promise, you will be safe"
I slowly nodded. His words assured me and helped me relax. Slightly.
After the conversation with Mr. Spark, Mater and I headed towards our room. We were talking and laughing, until we came to our room. We stood in the doorway, stunned, and unmoving. In our room stood the security guard that had chased Scarlet and I. The one from the HIA.
The security guard turned towards the door and smiled a devilish smile. "Well, well, well. Look who finally showed up."
Suddenly, more security guards showed up behind us. "Did you really think you could escape from us?" the security guy asked.
I grew angry. I was getting sick and tired of all this running and hiding. I did the only thing I knew I could do, I started screaming. I screamed for help as loud as I could, until one of the guards put a massive hand over my mouth. I squirmed and wriggled, but I couldn't move or shout. They'd caught us. Again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silence. That's all I remember. I awoke in a room I'd never seen before. The walls were concrete and the floor was white tile. There was one light hanging from the ceiling over my head. I was tied to a wooden chair in the middle of the room, and my mouth had duct tape over it. There was a door across from me, leading to who knows where.
I started to squirm and try to free myself, but the ropes were tied too tight. After what seemed hours of sitting there, Captain Loster came through the door. He smiled. "Well, look who finally woke up. Just in time for your injection."
I looked up, frightened. He was going to sabotage everything I've been working for. Going home.
A nurse, momentarily, rolled a cart into the room. There were many syringes and needles on the cart. I was even more terrified, but I still held on to the little hope I had. I thought Scarlet or someone would have come by now.
The nurse prepared the syringe while Captain Loster spoke to me. "Did you really think you could escape from me?"
He walked towards me and ripped the duct tape off my mouth. I gasped in shock and pain. My face stung, but I answered anyways. "Well, I kinda pulled it off until you came along and ruined everything," I said back.
Captain Loster grew serious. "McQueen, you should know that I am a ruthless man. If I want someone to stay here in this world and suffer, then, by all means, I'm going to do it. You may have gotten away from me, but now you will suffer."
I looked over at the nurse. She was standing beside me now. She was holding the syringe near my arm. She looked at Captain Loster, "Whenever your ready sir, I will proceed with the injection."
He smiled, "Go ahead, Tiffany."
I sighed and my eyes began to tear up, as the syringe penetrated my skin and the red liquid entered my body.